News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Best/Worst Classes Overall?

Started by NiGHTS, October 18, 2015, 05:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiGHTS

the title says it all, what are the best/worst classes in tfc overall?

Master

Quote from: Masked Man on October 18, 2015, 05:14:50 AM
the title says it all, what are the best/worst classes in tfc overall?
Best class: HWGuy
Worst class: HWGuy

Bonaparte

This can be hard question to answer, because some sort of 'standard' needs to be established first before determining the best and worst classes.  I don't claim to have that standard figured out, but I will give my opinion:

I propose that the sniper, in the hands of a skilled and experienced player, is the best class in TFC.  If you attempt to break down each class systematically, you will find that the sniper is the most dynamical, and that it arguably has the most 'levels' of playing.  Furthermore, it is probably the most difficult class to master.  And in terms of real-world results in an actual game, the TFC sniper is the most deadly and is the biggest game-changer.

As for the 'worst' TFC class, I don't have an answer for that.  All classes play a role and involve skill, and also are capable of being a game-changer somehow.  In my experience as a sniper, one of the biggest nuances is the pyro.  A few pyros can significantly disrupt a sniper's (or more than one) ability to dismantle the enemy team.  This means the success of your team can come down to the least-played class in TFC.

Rand

I find that any class that is using a immediate hit weapon versus a rocket/pipe type delay weapon and aims directly at where an enemy is every time versus trying to put a little prediction in an enemy's movement is the worst class to go against. 

:rolleyes2:

xheon

Best class = Any class with a skilled player
Worst class = Any class with an unskilled player

Guts

Bonaparte

:glaresad:
Quote from: Guts on October 18, 2015, 06:52:31 PM
Sun-Tzu, master of the trolls.
Hmmmm... You know the servers stopped working for me when you showed up.  Just sayin'...

klumy

Quote from: Sun-Tzu on October 18, 2015, 10:39:18 PM
Hmmmm... You know the servers stopped working for me when you showed up.  Just sayin'...
he showed up about 3 years ago bud

Bonaparte

Quote from: klumy on October 18, 2015, 11:00:13 PM
Quote from: Sun-Tzu on October 18, 2015, 10:39:18 PM
he showed up about 3 years ago bud
no I mean the servers haven't worked for me all week.

Ultrakill

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Browny

Medic...a great class if you're skilled enough.

CondensationMan

Bonaparte

Quote from: Turpow on October 23, 2015, 07:51:38 AM
Medic...a great class if you're skilled enough.
Perhaps the medic should be considered the most important class.  It's just most medics don't focus on maxing-out the health of their team mates, or use their conc grenades as a means of assisting their own team during a scuffle.  Those same features make them a good offensive weapon too.  And they can give viruses.  Hypothetically, the less skilled team can win if their medics are more skilled and diligent.

iRespect

Best class = siivilian
worst class = skewt

Little Miss Muffet

Honestly I feel there's no "best" or "worst" class in team fortress. Some may have lower skill floors, like HWGuy. Some may have higher skill ceilings, like Medic. Each one was designed with a specific role in mind, and adapted to fill both that role and then some as players experimented and became more experienced. We found that Medic is a great flag capper, Sniper is a good mobility aid, etc.

To look at them with a binary of Good/Bad doesn't work because each has a wide set of skills and tools that allow them to adapt to a number of situations. For example: Scout was designed to be bad in direct confrontations, but I still see Scouts on defense laying caltrops in chokepoints, concussing slower classes, and being a nuisance with the nailgun from range. Hell, Scouts can reveal disguised Spies and nullify detpacks with a single touch.