News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Got a complaint? Read this first!

Started by pig, December 21, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pig

I noticed a lot of people who complain aren't doing so in the nicest/most effective manner. Ya, I understand you are mad at the "punishment" you received, but if you keep being rude and whatnot, I doubt any help will be given to you.

So in an effort to make this a nicer environment, and help out future "criminals" with the "appeals process", here are pig's quick tips:

1. Don't post in this forum YET. See if you can remember who the admin was that punished you, then PRIVATE MESSAGE them.  Sending a private message makes things go a lot smoother. You won't cause a public problem between you and admin, and you are probably more likely to come to an understanding.

2. If you messaged the admin and you cannot come to an agreement, ok fine, post in this forum. BUT MAKE IT NICE! Make  your posts non-abrasive at least. If you are at least nice about things, your punishment might be re-thought.

Examples of things NOT to say:

a) ADMIN SUCKS!
b) cussing....
c) Remove that admin's power!
d) GIVE ME ADMIN!
e) you guys don't know how to run a server!

3. Say sorry. Even if you "think" you did nothing wrong. Sorry never hurts. Suck up the pride, and say sorry. Ya, i know, it's hard to say sorry when you are steaming mad, but hey, that admin that punished you is probably steaming mad as well. No use fighting fire with fire right? Especially since your fire is smaller than the admin's fire.

4. If your punishment remains, suck it up for a while. Be a good player and stop causing trouble, THEN come back to ask for forgiveness again. If you CONTINUE causing problems, why would anyone even WANT to help you?

*pig's quick note*
When I say suck it up for a WHILE, I do not mean act like a good player for 1 hour/day then come begging to be relieved. Not gonna happen. Greatness isn't created in 1 hour. And if you were punished, you probably weren't even CLOSE to greatness. Try waiting a week. Then everyone is going to be calm and collected.

5. If your punishment STAYS a punishment, and you are TOLD you won't be forgiven, I do not know what to tell you. Oh wait, I do...

For the love of pig, don't freaking tell us that you have something planned. Don't tell us you will hack our servers/website. Don't tell us that you will kill us in your sleep. Don't tell me you will steal my food. WHATEVER. Number 1: that doesn't scare anybody. Hack our stuff? That's fine, we will find a way to manage and create a new community. Kill me in my sleep? That's fine, it was my time to go anyways. Steal my food? HAH, good luck.

If your punishment is told to be permanent. Try your appeals again later, but bring good manners! Constantly bugging isn't gonna work. Threats won't work. However, you might be able to have success if you give it time, and approach with a friendly attitude. (certain people are excluded from relief fom permabans)

6. Above all, DON'T BE AN IDIOT. COME ON PEEPS! We know you are angry, that's why you came to the complaint department. We are also angry. Just keep it clean. If you do that, I can almost guarantee you better outcomes. Or your money back!

End of pig's quick tips

Most of us admins are nice. Some may not be. For what it's worth, I might be the nicest admin you'll ever see. It's near impossible to get ME to kick/ban you. But not everyone is like me. That's just human nature, you can't expect everyone to act the same. We are all here to play that game called TFC, we all like it. So why make holes in a cool, gaming community? Personally, I don't wanna see this small TFC player base go away due to banning.

With that said, good luck to everyone and their appeals. Not that you good people will ever need to appeal, right?

pig's forum note:
I wanna get this re-posted in spanish to make it easier for our south ameircan players. But google translate is finicky. Maybe sir poiz0n can help....