News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Medics dying by own medkit out BZ

Started by Rand, June 10, 2015, 05:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rand

Here's a screen of what Venom was talking about in the shoutbox.

Rand

You get damaged when you hold down your fire button continually.  You can heal/infect without damage if you 'fire' your medpack with a quick button touch.

p0izon

Rand

And so we have dumbdowned a class.  I understand the good point of hurting a medic running around just holding the fire button, but a medic can not easily pump up a teammate's health, a vital component of the class.

Paz

Yeah, I have to say this is dumb.  I guess we need to do the same thing to engineers, spies, and every other class that does not have a crowbar. 

lol_face lol_face
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

Rand

So, yes a medic can still pump up a teammate, but not quite as easily.  You just have to keep hitting your fire button to trigger the medkit.

I agree with Paz.  I think that it is dumb, and for another reason I am quite disappointed.

p0izon

Let's be honest... People who are spamming the medkit aren't doing so to improve the health of their team.

Guts

I doubt this was just thought of, discussed, coded, and implemented within a half hour or anything..... :shifty:

Venomous Fangs

Lets not go down the path of Medics infecting with Med Kits, I think we had this discussion about a year ago. Whilst people had to agree to disagree, it is a valid tactic disrupting enemy side with infections, which I will do if opposing snipers are dominating or often just for the hell of it with newbs who get upset.

As for exploding the medic after using the kit over 1 second, that comes over as pretty dumb. It can take quite a few seconds of chasing with active kit to heal an infected friendly, that's moving about,  let known a hostile that's out to blast you.  :laugh:

p0izon

Quote from: El Guapo on June 11, 2015, 12:44:36 AM
I doubt this was just thought of, discussed, coded, and implemented within a half hour or anything..... :shifty:

:^)

Guts

Personally I crack up laughing when venom gets me with an infection cause hes so god damn sneaky, even though I hate being infected :hahanot:. Infecting is part of tfc and we all know its strategically advantages.

However, running around spamming the medkit, chasing people while they shoot you and praying for an infection....is that really how you want to spend your time playing tfc? It only takes 1 click of the button to infect someone. I think the plugin is just trying to convince you to play in a way most people think the class should be played.

Rand

Quote from: p0izon on June 11, 2015, 02:24:32 PM
Quote from: El Guapo on June 11, 2015, 12:44:36 AM

:^)

The shoutbox says differently......   

cage

SpamDaddy!

This is right up there with the removal of autodet. Make it easier for the super skilled and take away any equalizer for the newby. I hold down to heal when enemy meds are attacking our base. In fact that's how I found this thread. I thot something was wrong with BZ. In fact it is but it's on purpose.

Rand