News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

p0, jules and any other retro gaming nerds...

Started by SpamDaddy!, April 13, 2015, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimpy

Kerrybiantulip

Super Metroid is my #1. I loved Legend of Zelda, it had some emotionally stirring moments for me, like when the 'tree boy' died and you played the whistle to lay him to rest.

Chrono trigger is also one of my favorites, but Super Metroid's mood was amazing.  It's funny how lonely you can feel in a game when the music and ambiance are creepy and you're facing hundreds of enemies.

SpamDaddy!

I was blown away by Super Metroid. The music, the environments, the gameplay, and the visuals. All were unmatched at the time!

I have played lots of games and experienced, most I daresay, of gaming's finest moments. But the big reveal at the end of SM was a true watershed moment for gaming, gamers, and young girls.

I loved LoZ:LTTP as well. The light and dark world thing was completely new and innovative and to be honest I have trouble deciding which of these two games is best. I think cuz they are different genres.

Shadowrun and Out of this World also were amazing unique game experiences to me as well. Crystalis, Ultima Exodus, Deja Vu, Shadowgate and Bomberman for the NES were all games that I remember going nuts over.

I don't think there can be any doubt that the SNES is the greatest console ever made.
I LOVE LOVE rpgs and played almost all of the SNES ones except the following:
Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, and 7th saga. Any one of those any better than the other? Any reccomendations to play one over the other?

I have a list of unplayed great

Gimpy

Wtf? Those are the four you have NOT played?? What's wrong with you...

Kerrybiantulip

SoM has some amazing music and story elements..some of it doesn't make sense entirely, it may be lost in translation a bit.

A game I enjoyed that I don't know if many people have played was Bahamut's Lagoon. I enjoyed the gameplay of it...the translation, again was a little off.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Gimpy on April 13, 2015, 08:24:35 PM
Wtf? Those are the four you have NOT played?? What's wrong with you...

:-[

Wow, I had never heard of that one, Jules...nice..adding to rom library now!

Gimpy

Swede

Nerds, a rare species! Better call David Attenborough  :wideeyed2:

Master

Saleen219

oh, to have my CoCo 1 computer back..the good ol days of computing for me.

hacking started there with the CC1, more so on the CC3 where I started hacking hardware instead of software

SpamDaddy!

I wish I still had all my old systems....kind of. I had everyuthing up until December 99 when my son was born. I was offered several thousand dollars and it was hard to refuse with a new baby and looking for a house.

I sold my Atari 2600 + 33 games, 5200 +19 games, Atari Lynx + 4 games, Intellivision and several games (didn't have them on list), TurboGrafx 16 + 11 games, NES and 167 games, SNES and 88 games, Super Famicom  + 3 Games (Translated Japanese carts), N64 + 7 games, Gamecube + 11 games, Neo Geo Arcade Simulator + 4 games, 3DO +12 games, Mega Drive + Mega Drive CD and 27 games, 1 of my PS1s and a few games..sold the whole bunch for $3500 +...

About 15 systems and 400 games..I had boxes to most of them except the nes games...I can only imagine what they are worth now! Such is the life of the game nerd ::)

Good news is I kept my PC, my dreamcast, my PS1 and got the PS2 when it came out in late 2000 I believe...who here didn't burn hours on Tony Hawks Pro Skater for PS1?

Kerrybiantulip

Quote from: Gimpy on April 14, 2015, 05:11:20 AM
Roms..? What are roms?

Don't tell your wife, Gimpy....but I'm pretty sure I got a little turned on just now upon seeing your collection.

Gimpy

That's only the "retro" half of my collection... when i moved back up north from Colorado in September, i had to have it cataloged and appraised... it was a gracious appraisal (i traded a TV to a retro games store for the appraisal and sent them the excel listings of the systema and games).
It came up around $9000. I have...

Atari 2600 - 2 controllers, 12 games
NES - two controllers, an Advantage controller, 100-ish games
Genesis - 2 controllers, 15 games
SNES - 2 controllers, 25 ish games
n64 - 4 controllers, 20 games
GameCube - 3 controllers, 30 games
Wii - 4 controllers, 20 games
PS2 - two controllers, 50 games
PS1 games only - 5 games  (including ff7 and chrono cross)
PS3 - 2 controllers, 20 games and PS move
Xbox - 2 controllers, 10 games
Xbox 360 - 2 controllers, 20 games
xboxOne - 2 controllers,  6 games

I think that's about it?