News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

FYI...

Started by Ironhd, October 07, 2014, 07:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhd

As a few of you know I've been dealing with an extended illness with my Dad. I've been going by either the hospital or nursing home every morning before work and every evening as soon as I left work for the last six months. For those that have asked about him in the past he just recently passed away. I tell you this because I have not been on the forums since being given admin status. I just haven't had the time or want to with everything going on and I feel like I've neglected my EVIL duties. Normally all I had time to do was catch a game early in the morning to get mentally lost for just a little while.
  My Dad was a big man in stature and personality and was very well respected in our local business community. Watching him shrivel away in a hospital bed has been the hardest thing I've been through. I tell you this because one of the "pacing" meds given to him after open heart surgery named Amiodarone has a "rare possible side effect" of doing lung damage and it destroyed both of his lungs. I urge all of you to remember that name if you or a loved one having heart issues were prescribed it. They can say it's rare but the bastards killed my Dad with it.
  Anyway, I'm still dealing with trying to get all our affairs straight but I'll try my best to be around more often... Ironhd

Swede

My thoughts goes to you Ironhd. Im very sorry for your loss. Lost my mother in feb this year.
Im very grateful for you passing the info about Amiodarone.
Take care and take your time, see you out there.

SpamDaddy!

Iron, I know you mentioned this once before when we talked but I never asked about things because I figured if you wanted to share that you would. I never realized how much you were shouldering - if you ever need to talk just let me know. I can't tell you I understand what you are going through. I lost my momma when I was 20 and my daddy when I was 29 and I know how hard it was and is for me to deal with even now.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

schuffler

I'm sorry for your lose. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Master

I'm really sorry for your loss iron, the loss of a loved one isn't easy to deal with. Stay strong out there, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Guts

I know I'm not an evil member and we don't really know one another from a whole in the hole besides fragging on the server together but, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your lose.

Saleen219

So sorry to hear of your loss Iron.

His suffering is over now - take comfort in that.

Elitesse

I'm not in EVIL but I'm sorry for your loss too; I lost one family member when I was 11, my 70 yrs old grandmother was killed by a train while taking a walk with her dog in the countryside. Fortunately my aunt barely managed to run away from the railway lines before getting killed.

Elitesse

Quote from: Elitesse on October 07, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
Fortunately my aunt barely managed to run away from the railway lines before getting killed.
The edit button is gone! I was distracted and wrote that my aunt managed to run away before getting killed; she wasn't killed by the train, sorry for the mistake.

Rand

Sorry to hear of your loss, Iron.  I hope that from here on out it will get better for you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers from here to, lost my dad to cancer, a year later my mom to renal failure, now they rest, you like me, have to ride on and be there for the family......take care.

lil-bastard

I am glad you have found some relief from your situation in our morning games.Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

pig

Iron, we are all here to give you support if/when you need it.

If I may interject about the amiodarone situation though. Lung failure is indeed an observed side effect, but it is an extremely uncommon (~5%) one. Believe me when I say I wholeheartedly wish this had not happened to your dad.

If there ARE any individuals we know of that are currently on amiodarone, I wouldn't advise telling them to get off the treatment, without talking to your doctor first. Withdrawal from amiodarone can cause your heart to collapse. The drug has saved many lives, but like all medications does have a side effect profile, due to the nature of chemical structures.

Venomous Fangs

Sorry to hear the NEWS about your Father Iron, my thoughts are with you.

Hang in there mate.

HellRaiser

From when we spoke my wishes were with him he would make it through that battle.
Sorry to hear he didn't. He is in restful peace now. Remember him as he was the father you respect and admire.
My hopes and prayers are with you and your family to get through this difficult time.

The body can be an extreme battle when having to work through illness as well as the poisons they administer to help, but also hinder.
(from personal ongoing experience)