News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

new pc help

Started by schuffler, December 21, 2013, 06:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schuffler

Thinking of getting a new  pc. How would I go about transferring steam and 2fort programs over? 

deadly

long story short hook up old hard drive to new pc as slave then down load team viewer www.teamviewer.com then msg me I will help and show you

Saleen219

interesting, i may have to msg you if i ever get my psu for my new rig installed...

deadly

Saleen, I would have figured that you would know what you are doing. 

also if you peps are running win 8 srry I will not touch it.

Saleen219

I should be ok, not my first shot at changing computers. Hoping to go with W7 so no issue there

deadly

if u need help msg missy she should know what she is doing by now.

j/k I can help if needed.

Saleen219

Lol i wouldnt doubt she knows her stuff.

Dont expect delivery for a solid week of the new psu due to the holidays so still lots of time.

SpamDaddy!

Win 8 is truly a diseased mechanism.

Master

back up c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life\ to a zip file and redownload it on your pc, this folder contains all of your custom TFC files.

I am assuming this is what you mean by 'steam and 2fort programs'

schuffler

Master that is and thanks for the response from all. 
Would I have to reinstall anything.
Deadly thanks for that offer can this be done by just hooking both pc together using a cable connection?

crosby

Go on about these 2 fort programs

deadly

I was a little lazy telling him how to get files over as I was trying out a pint of apple pie last night. ty master for what I really wanted to say and nice catch about calling tfc 2fort.

Master

you would need to reinstall all your programs, but afterwards, you would copy this folder and you would have your tfc as you originally had it.

schuffler

New PC showed up today. Will start to transfer things tonight after I get home . Hope to be back up by Wednesday.

Saleen219

Im STILL waiting for a psu >:(