News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

To ^00^

Started by Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar, October 07, 2016, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar

You banned me for countering cheap play.  No one should be able to run and hide and get a free pass from anyone who is fast enough to counter them. I am.  I will be back. You listed the reason as "spawn camping" -- it's incorrect, spawn camping is not killing a dude once or twice in his spawn because he was too big of a vagina to face me and ran.  Spawn camping is spending 20 minutes killing everyone who tries to leave. 

Gimpy

YOLO,

[No Spawncamping*]         Shooting to or from spawns is prohibited (nades too)[/pre]

If someone runs away into spawn, let them run. The object of the game is to capture the flag. People playing from spawn (shooting out) is just as punishable as people who attack the doors.

As well, no matter what circumstances there are, you are never allowed to enter the enemy spawn areas.

If you feel that you did not break either of these rules, I can review the HLTV and look deeper into this.

Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar

I play aggressively.  Clarify exactly when I have to let them go.  Is it when they get within X feet of their spawn door, or when they are actually inside it?  Can I continue to fight them if they are shooting me while running backwards into spawn/nading me as they do or shooting me from inside their spawn(happens to me every fucking game, but I don't go bitching to an admin to help me).  If they engage me from their spawn, can I shoot them in their spawn or do I have to build a campfire and sing kumbaya until they come out?  If some numbnutt builds an sg right at their door do I have to give them a warning and say "Please move your sg, after my 3rd death to it I will be forced to take aggressive action that may result in an innocent bystander catching splash damage from a grenade in his spawn."?  Can I have a grenade primed as I run past spawn and if someone steps completely outside of their fucking holy safe space, may I hit them with said grenade, or do I have to wait until they've shot me mutliple times before engaging them?  Can I shoot them once they are fully out the door or do I have to give them 3 seconds to fully prepare?  I want answers to every single one of these questions.  Because your version of spawn camping is "absolutely don't do anything that might cause harm to someone in or near spawn" is quite frankly a bad rule that puts people that are playing offense at a huge disadvantage.  Also, I believe if you are truly bad enough not only to let someone into your spawn from the other team, but you can't kill him with your own guns/resupplying and the auto turret, that you deserved exactly what happened to you.  Also, I swear to God I am going to start reporting everyone that breaks any rule, and they'd better be banned with zero warning like I was for atleast a day.  Your admin was awfully quick to pull the trigger on me, so fair is fair, right?  I did break the "rules"(eye roll) to counter a player that was playing like shit because I shouldn't have to let anyone go or let them resup/kill me because they barely escaped from me.  The other dude I killed I'm pretty sure shot me from inside his spawn so yes, I went in there and fucking killed him.  I disagree with your rule being so anal, and a day long ban with no warning for killing a dude that ran in his spawn.  I could totally see being banned if I was building sgs to block the entrance, or I had gone demo and pipped/mirved the main spawn for 10 minutes straight because THAT ruins gameplay.  Killing one dude in his spawn does not.  Also, its super easy to counter with gameplay someone in your spawn or someone actually, willfully playing abusively camping the spawn.

Gimpy

I'm going to try and clarify this as much as I can.

Quote from: Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar on October 08, 2016, 07:36:49 AM
Clarify exactly when I have to let them go.  Is it when they get within X feet of their spawn door, or when they are actually inside it?

Once they are inside spawn, leave them alone, and move on. We actually have a plugin running that if they enter spawn (main spawn on 2fort only) too many times in a couple minutes, they are automatically banned for an hour.

QuoteCan I continue to fight them if they are shooting me while running backwards into spawn/nading me as they do or shooting me from inside their spawn

See above. Until they are inside spawn, fair game. Be careful with large spawns / nades... You may MIRV someone running into a large spawn door, and massacre three other people as they leave.

QuoteIf they engage me from their spawn, can I shoot them in their spawn or do I have to build a campfire and sing kumbaya until they come out?

Absolutely not. In fact, you should take a demo of this, type Status in your console, and provide this info here on our forums. Because fighting from inside the spawn is also illegal. Plus, building a campfire and singing kumbaya(sp?) outside the spawn would be spawn camping.

QuoteIf some numbnutt builds an sg right at their door do I have to give them a warning and say "Please move your sg, after my 3rd death to it I will be forced to take aggressive action that may result in an innocent bystander catching splash damage from a grenade in his spawn."?

>>>YES<<< I've said it before, there ARE a few instances when nades at a spawn are ok.
1. There is an SG/tele on the spawn door (we actually ask people move their SG's, because it creates this problem)
2. YOUR flag is in front of their spawn door
3. People are hanging out in front of the spawn

If these three things aren't happening, stay away from the spawn.

QuoteCan I have a grenade primed as I run past spawn and if someone steps completely outside of their fucking holy safe space, may I hit them with said grenade, or do I have to wait until they've shot me mutliple times before engaging them?  Can I shoot them once they are fully out the door or do I have to give them 3 seconds to fully prepare?  I want answers to every single one of these questions.

It seems you don't understand this concept... Just leave the spawn alone? If you are sitting by the spawn, priming a nade... You're asking for trouble. But, if they are attacking you, attack back.

QuoteAlso, I swear to God I am going to start reporting everyone that breaks any rule, and they'd better be banned with zero warning like I was for atleast a day. 

Zero warning? You realize... We have admin logs. This isn't the first time you've had issues attacking spawns. 4 Sep 2016, a member of the High Council kicked you (three times) for pilling spawns.

If you report people, it is hard to catch. The report system sends a message to all online admins via Steam. Sometimes they go unanswered. Proof is 100x better. Record a demo, get a SteamID (type "status" in console), and post it here in the Complaint Department. Then it's very easy for us to take action.

QuoteI disagree with your rule being so anal, and a day long ban with no warning for killing a dude that ran in his spawn.  I could totally see being banned if I was building sgs to block the entrance, or I had gone demo and pipped/mirved the main spawn for 10 minutes straight because THAT ruins gameplay.  Killing one dude in his spawn does not.

We had to draw the line somewhere, because there were too many variables to try and explain with 30-ish admins. So we made it simple. Leave the spawns alone. Don't play from them, don't attack them.

Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar

Ok, I can live with that.  And your logs are incorrect, yes I was kicked 3 times, but 2 of them were just for rejoining, not actually doing anything with spawn and that was a month ago.  I didn't even have a chance to pick a class and spawn in before being kicked the 2nd and 3rd time.  Mildly abusive from your admins but that's par for the course from what I've seen.  And as far as having a nade primed near spawn, I don't mean hanging out there, I mean like im running through there, have a nade primed because lets say its 2 fort, probably going to be someone or something near the main hall leading to fr, was what I was asking about, but I can live with those rules.

Gimpy

Quote from: Yankee Oscar Lima Oscar on October 08, 2016, 12:16:12 PM
And your logs are incorrect, yes I was kicked 3 times, but 2 of them were just for rejoining, not actually doing anything with spawn and that was a month ago.  I didn't even have a chance to pick a class and spawn in before being kicked the 2nd and 3rd time.  Mildly abusive from your admins but that's par for the course from what I've seen. 

Just to clarify this... The other two kicks were listed as complaining / arguing about the first kick, but I cannot verify this as our chat logs only go back 28 days.

As well, if your running past spawn, have a nade primmed, and launch it at the spawns, someone is probably going to do something about it. If there are people standing outside the spawn (as in, not in the process of exiting), this is fair game.

I have seen people EMP the spawn doors, and they get removed. I have also seen people EMP the two sollys hanging out by the doors, and catch someone exiting spawn...

The biggest part I can see is that the spawns aren't "safe zones" for them, or "attack zones" for you. As much as you shouldn't be attacking them, they shouldn't be hanging around in front of them (which is why we have the plugin that bans for an hour when they are constantly entering).

Venomous Fangs

Seriously, what are you bitching about ? Defensive players such as myself have to hold out attackers on a  10 / 1 ratio on score. If someone is going into spawn to recharge then so be it if you fire at them (happens to me a lot but no ban), but to attack players using spawn in general as a excuse for spawn attack is pretty pathetic IMHO.

xheon

QuotePlus, building a campfire and singing kumbaya(sp?) outside the spawn would be spawn camping.

I loléd  :D

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Spawn camping means, NO spawn camping of any kind! Please read our server rules manual again.
Thank You

p0izon

ShouldBeNew_

Why was this thread bumped?