News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Soldier Limit on Battlezone

Started by p0izon, June 27, 2014, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

I fixed the scout ring of shadows. Took FOREVER to find where that stuff was located - sorry. Will fix classes after I find that file  :D
Class limits fixed.

Master

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on June 29, 2014, 10:16:56 AM
I fixed the scout ring of shadows. Took FOREVER to find where that stuff was located - sorry. Will fix classes after I find that file  :D
Class limits fixed.
what do you mean you 'fixed' RoS? it was never broken, and was working as intended, there is[was?] no need to disable it...

Guts

While the subject of class limits was brought up....sorta...I would have to say the engy limit seems a bit much. With their sg's  and mg's, that can take 3 grenades to kill, less cells to build, and when bound - almost instantaneous build time into a functional MG, plus their railgun jump (which obviously has to be voted on) they can exploit quite a few maps relatively easy. Even some of these south american "players" seem to be grasping the class now and it gets to a point more often that you just seem to be battling mg's instead of other players.

I'm not a huge fan of neo tfc but I can certainly see the fun appeal to the class with those additions and it certainly seems to bring in a large group of people on a regular basis specifically to play engy. I just wanted to say maybe the limit is a bit much.

-The Guapo

Ballsack

The combination of the MG's, the railgun jump, and the high number of EMP grenades make them pretty obnoxious.  Although when I get pissed at them it is even more fun to mow them down with my assault cannon!  I kind of thought there should be a limit of one mg per engy.  Not a complaint, just an observation.

SpamDaddy!

The MGs are the only thing leveling the playing field between the people that have played a million hours in the last 15 years and the casual players. Otherwise the superspeed scouts that are immune to SGs and the superspeed sollies, spies, and HWs will team stack and annihilate the competition. It takes 9 years to build an SG compared to an MG and the speedsters can die, respawn, and be back in your face before you can get an SG up and even then as I stated if they are a scout they can just use their ignore SG ability to prance in at 8,000 mph and yank the flag out from under you.

I am still for re-enabling autodet for the Demo to help combat the above.

Guts

We're all casual players of tfc. All I was saying is maybe the engy limit is a bit high and the combination of that many engy's and exploiting certain maps can sometimes can get out of hand.

Also autodet is a cheat, it's not a neo tfc specific feature, and was(is) a ban-able offense in most other servers. I think playing with that enabled is a bit ridiculous.

Ballsack

pig

When you play demoman and shoot those yellow pipe, there is about a 1 second delay before you can detonate it. The server used to have a plugin where you could instantly detonate the pipes.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: El Guapo on July 03, 2014, 08:24:26 AM
We're all casual players of tfc. All I was saying is maybe the engy limit is a bit high and the combination of that many engy's and exploiting certain maps can sometimes can get out of hand.

Also autodet is a cheat, it's not a neo tfc specific feature, and was(is) a ban-able offense in most other servers. I think playing with that enabled is a bit ridiculous.

Half of the stuff we have on BZ would be a cheat on other servers...the autodet was a plugin. Not arguing with you Guap just playing devil's advocate..I suck so nothing is gonna help me anyway =D

Saleen219

i htought the auto-det was a voted on thing - course no one reads them anymore just presses 5

p0izon

Nah auto det was an AMX plugin. I would be okay with it was a votable mod like all the others, but it was activated 24/7 so it made demoman OP.

Master

Quote from: El Guapo on July 03, 2014, 08:24:26 AM

the auto-det your are thinking of is no longer a thing ever since the 2013 update (removed _alias command, no longer able to use such exploits) it was removed for a reason, the same as changing the tfc tech votes from 1-4 to 5-8, the goal is to have a 'fun' NeoTF server that all types of players can play at, no matter how good you are at 400% bhop speed, if you know how to fps limit with hwguy, or if you don't even know what any of that means, the battlezone server was meant for all kinds of players, both old and new, not everyone may like certain aspects of the game, and others may rely on specific things to even have fun in this decade old game. Years ago, we were able to keep the same files for nearly 3 years, I miss the days where there was no need to make changes, if it was up to me, everything would be set to its default and be left there, people will always find something to whine about, but its a lot less whining than having many people whine about all the changes.

This is my 2ยข (and a bit more that i've been saving up this past month ;))

crosby

It's not auto det, it's quick det

Saleen219

you're right crosby, thanks - my old mind cant remember like it used to.

ya no matter what we do, someone will bitch about it.

Swede

Your totally right Saleen.
Today a Player on BZ asked why we dont have hook on BZ same as on LG.