News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

votekick and voteban

Started by God, July 01, 2012, 02:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

I'm not sure when these took effect but they are becoming a problem quickly. Someone said in a separate post that these are simply popularity contests.

I've noticed twice in the last hour people doing simply because Player A said something about Player B resulting in Player B having Player A banned for 10 minutes.

Quote: "Don't ever call me gay. Ha!"

I really think these should be available to the admins, and honestly, I don't really think they're needed.
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

penguin

I agree. I can't recall a single instance where votekick was used properly to kick someone who was breaking the rules. Maybe restrict amx_votekick to VIPs if that's possible? Or possibly increase the percentage of required votes to be successful? Votekick is typically a nice thing to have on a server, in case there are no admins on at the time, but as it is right now it's just being abused.
Droppin' Science

Master

the plugin has been disabled on all servers

penguin

Droppin' Science

=PINKY!=

oh very good news that has been disabled /votekick :)

schuffler

What is need is a auto kick system for inactive player. You get alot of people who are afk for long periods of time.

Saleen219

If the player moves to spec to go afk, i have no problem with that unless that player is taking up a slot on a busy server and someone else cant get on due to that player being in spec (dont know if that would affect anything or not) but if he goes to spec to go afk, i have no prob with it