News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

The MASS Bannings of 7/27/12. A day that will be mourned forever...

Started by God, July 27, 2012, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

For the admins getting spammed by <ANBU> NECRo, <ANBU>RASORVACK or Simon[MetalStreet]:

This morning I warned RASORVACK many times, as I have in the past, to stop yelling into his mic. He yells at the top of his lungs and spams it. Most players complain, tell him to STFU, or leave.

Today, I know how to shut him up.

I banned him for 2 minutes, meaning to do 2 hours. I didn't know the time was in seconds and not minutes for this one. So, as soon as the 2 min faded, I immediately correct myself and put in place the 2 hour ban.

He then starts blasting text chat on how I'm a bitch and so on and so forth. Jumps across a few servers where his ANBU players are and says the same.
BAM. 1 day ban

NECRO immediately goes off on me, calling me a "stupid admin" and a "fucking bitch."
BAM: Banned for 1 day.

I move to a diff server, Battlezone. Simon is there and as soon as I log in, he says something. I translate it at 2 diff translation sites.
Trans1 : God, go use your dick and masturbate
Trans2: God, go fuck yourself
BAM: Banned for 7 days

Why 7? A few days ago he was going off on Saleen so he banned him. I figured this was a 2nd offense so a little harder ban was needed.

Any questions or comments?

-God
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

aFF

hmm.. I believe this is the month of July (7) not June (6) :P

-samurai-

Hello.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well.. 1st
You can just mute RASORVAK  >:(
2st Simon is a kid who like to call everyone a bitch e.t.c
3st NECRO , everyone hate him... But its not a reason for banning him.
And why ban ?... Why BAN ? u can llama him.. or gag for idk a week..
But ban a person... For "dumb" reasons like that is unfair.
Simon is not the only person wh othinks that u are a bad admin God.
I can clearly name 30 peeps who dislike u.
Dunno why did u banned ANBU and MetalStreet leaders..
They are helping to keep our servers popular..If u ban them u will crap your reputation
in theyr clan mates eyes....  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------

God

QuoteWell.. 1st
You can just mute RASORVAK  >:(
Sure. But when the entire player base online at any given moment is telling him to STFU or complaining to me about his crap, I need to do something. I turned his mic off. I gagged him. And then he wants to badmouth me in text on MULTIPLE servers? No sir. Banned.

Quote2st Simon is a kid who like to call everyone a bitch e.t.c
This kid just had like 25, yes literally 25, bans taken off. What does a player do to get banned 25 times? I'm guessing the same shit he's doing still.

Quote3st NECRO , everyone hate him... But its not a reason for banning him.
And why ban ?... Why BAN ? u can llama him.. or gag for idk a week..
But ban a person... For "dumb" reasons like that is unfair.
I don't hate him. But when he goes off on me when nothing I'm doing is effecting him the least little bit, that's time for action. I figure since he and RASOR are so close, they can go do something together for a week.

QuoteSimon is not the only person wh othinks that u are a bad admin God.
I can clearly name 30 peeps who dislike u.
I'll call that bluff. I'd like you to list the players who think I'm a bad admin and then let's cross reference that list with a list most everyone keeps in their minds of douchebags, troublemakers, spawn campers, rule breakers and admin abusers. I bet 25 of the 30 are on both lists...

QuoteDunno why did u banned ANBU and MetalStreet leaders..
They are helping to keep our servers popular..If u ban them u will crap your reputation
in theyr clan mates eyes....  :)
And? I don't care about my reputation in the eyes of these 2 clans. Why would I? They are both full of known troublemakers. The fact that you now wear a [MetalStreet] tag is telling of your defense of these players.
Why did I ban them? See original post.
And as for their clans populating our servers, they generally are ruining the game play for most of the population. So, maybe it's time for some clan genocide? If you want these clans to remain on our servers, and seem to be so close with them, tell them to calm down. Stop spamming chat. Stop spamming mics. Stop YELLING into their mics. Stop camping spawns. Stop being dicks. I have no qualms about banning them all with good reason and I'm sure any other admin who sees this behavior would do the same.

Except you of course...

And fyi, I follow a very simple logic for punishing troublesome players. Usually three strikes. And by 3, I mean like 50. I'll slap, slay, kick, llama, mute, gag etc. Banning is not the first, second, or 10th thing I do.

-God

EDIT: @aFF
What are you talking about? It says 7/27...
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

p0izon

Simon I have no problem with seeing him banned. He used to be the most annoying player ever, but calmed down a little once he got steam. Most Metal Street members are trouble makers anyway.

Surprised at Rasorvack though. I always hear him on the mic, but he never got to a point where it sounded like he was trolling or anything.. Just mostly used it for communication rather than text. If people don't want to hear him they can mute him.

The backlash from any ban though is understandable and every ban you made seems justified. I'd just like to note I never saw Rasorvack's "Mic Spam" as troublesome. He likes to talk and gets excited sometimes.

Saleen219

yeah he can get excited alright - i automatically mute ALL mic users, EVIL or not. I also always /soundsoff

anyone know how i can automatically have /sounds off happen when i load?

God

Thinking back, RASOR and NECRO were only banned for a day, not a week.

When I asked him to stop yelling, it sounded like he literally put the mic in his mouth and began yelling at the top of his lungs. I was fine with that. I just disabled his mic. He was banned for calling me a "pinche puto" and "admin estupido." Fucking bitch and stupid admin respectively.

Surely he'll calm down some tomorrow.

-G

Swede

Hmm, like Poizon I´m suprised at Rasorvack.  :o

I also always hear him on the mic, and like Poizon says he never get to a point where it sounds like he is trolling or anything.. Just use the mic for communication rather than text. Some mute him and some dont.

To me he has allways been friendly and listened if I told him not to do something.

I never had any problems with Necro but with Simon I had. He was banned by me before.

Saleen219

said it before, will say it again - i mute ALL mic users :P

Most of the time they dont speak english anyway so why would i want to listen to them speaking

bapx17 503's finest

Hmnm..

I come back to this lol
man people come on banning no no no do something better trust me read the forums.
we have such better stuff then banning TRUST me  lol
if you dont know what they are or cant read massage me i will tell you
A New Gaming ERA has begun | New-Alliance World Gaming Association

deadly

GODFATHER_SOUR

I am not picking on you, God, but sometimes you come off too too controlling.  You have great potential, but you get too emotional.  I can learn from your knowledge of different disciplines for the rule breakers, as I did the other day.  I don't tolerate spawn campers, naders, pipers.  That is my pet peeve.  So, I am harder on those than most anyone else.  For someone to stand there and throw nades at spawn exits, or pipe exits, I think is weak... and against the rules. 
Someone on the mic, mute, as the others say.  If they are disrespecting... good bye, for now.  Disrespecting an admin... good by for a while longer.  As far as the other offenses, cheating, scripts, and so on, I love the amx_smash, fuckoff, and screw. 
The reason people don't like you, is you come off as a person who wants to push around his power.  Weather  it's accurate or not, that is how you come across.  Your very name implies that. 
I am not trying to bash you, but looking at you and this at a distance, without emotion.  I have been accused of many of the same things in my admin youth.  I have backed off a bit.  That is what I am suggesting to you.  Enforce the rules, yes, but also have fun!  Our job is basically babysitting.  Even babysitters need to have a good time. ;) 
Being an admin is similar to being a babysitter, but without having to change the diapers!

Saleen219

I agree to a point godfather about the respawn - I dont mind them throwing a nade at the respawn doors as they run by but not sit there and pipe the hell out of it and unload all nades - no. cant get out of your respawn no point in even playing lol

The rest you said I agree 100%

God

QuoteSomeone on the mic, mute, as the others say.  If they are disrespecting... good bye, for now.  Disrespecting an admin... good by for a while longer

This is exactly what happened.