News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Test Server?

Started by God, July 27, 2012, 04:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

What's the test server for?

All three players I banned today were there playing. It's password protected though...

Also, I did /admin and this came up:

Quote| Printing Online Admins:
+-------------------------
| Evil Soldiers Clan | www.esclan.net
| (-[EVIL]- Test Server) Simon [MetalStree | ID: 0:42236631
| (-[EVIL]- Avanti Forever) God | ID: 0:52152050
| (-[EVIL]- Dustbowl or Vote!) aFF | ID: 0:61932
Korgoth killed self with miniturret
Exit Demon[MSI] killed Lurgoyf with normalgrenade

O.o

-God

Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

p0izon

The Test Server is where Master goes to test chemical weapons on small children. Why anyone else is in there, beats me. Also surprising to see Simon show up as admin. I'd cut off one of my testicles before ever giving him any kind of special privileges.

Saleen219

agreed. on both accounts

Master

Quote from: p0izon on July 27, 2012, 06:26:48 PM
The Test Server is where Master goes to test chemical weapons on small children. Why anyone else is in there, beats me. Also surprising to see Simon show up as admin. I'd cut off one of my testicles before ever giving him any kind of special privileges.

this and more, sometimes the test server is needed for clan matches (anbu/metalstree/tfcsnip like to fight each other)

I would let them use the test server since all of our other servers shouldnt be used for this, if you see them on there and you want to kick them out, you should be able to shut down the TEST server in the control panel, the only time I have a problem with this is if I am using it, but I havent used that since the last cross-server chat upgrade.

I talked to simon, he said there was a match today metalstreet vs anbu, he is an admin there, because when terz vs metalstreet happened I did not have enough time to sit and babysit through the whole match so I just gave each clan leader admin on that server (and only that server) and due to the way the cross server chat system work, it will display all admins on all servers connected to the master (which is something I did when I was testing the new version of the cross-server chat. (next update is going to have a server info command to stats for all connected servers (playercount/max fps uptime total connects, but that is unrelated info) I have not done anything yet to prevent this (although all admins should have access to the test server and its files (and the password should be 'locked')

I hope this answers any questions you had about this server..

God

Great, thanks for the reply!

I didn't know if something nefarious was going on so I did in fact shut down the server. If it hasn't already been started again, I will restart it immediately upon posting this reply.

-G
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR