Map changes to BZ + POLL

Started by SpamDaddy!, June 19, 2014, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is a EVIL poll for DM Maps to be added back to BZ

Please add DM maps back to BZ!
4 (33.3%)
BZ is a CTF server, leave it that way!
4 (33.3%)
Why do we have different servers again??? ALL maps on ONE server!
2 (16.7%)
Who cares? Just play.
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 22, 2014, 09:02:44 AM

SpamDaddy!

Depending on the results of the poll things may or may not be changed. The results will be given to the High Council for discussion.

p0izon

Why is Dustbowl excluded from the vote?

pig

I voted for:
QuoteWhy do we have different servers again??? ALL maps on ONE server!

Just because some other servers SPECIALIZE in certain maps does not mean that they shouldn't be included in BZ. Dustbowl, for example, has always been popular as a map, and would do fine in BZ.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: p0izon on June 19, 2014, 05:04:33 PM
Why is Dustbowl excluded from the vote?
Dustbowl has its own server..no other map does. It doesnt make sense to include a map that has its own total server.

Saleen219

wondering if we should place this where all have access to it? like in the guest forum somewhere.

oooor maybe not.

pig

Spamdaddy, it't not like dustbowl is a poison to the BZ server. It's an unfortunate cycle we have on the db server.

People want to play dustbowl > People are usually not the server > no one is willing to join an empty server > server stays empty > repeat.

Adding back dustbowl to the BZ server at least solves the problem partially. Those who want to play dustbowl can vote for it and play on it.

Removing the ability for the players to vote for maps like dustbowl and bounce doesn't make sense. I'd understand your reasoning if we were to put some completely weird map, like a concmap on there.

p0izon

Quote from: pig on June 19, 2014, 07:26:59 PM
Spamdaddy, it't not like dustbowl is a poison to the BZ server.

No but it is to the dustbowl server.

Saleen219

OK everyone, i moved the poll here so everyone would have the chance to access it.

Ballsack

I would like to say that I'm extremely happy that your group is willing to put this to a poll and are having an actual discussion about it.  On most servers in the past it is usually one person ruling with an iron fist and that's the end of it.  I'd like to say thanks for listening.

SpamDaddy!

Thanks for being positive about it Balls. My opinion is that we let the majority rule. Having said that the point is to drive gameplay to the different appropriate servers. If that isn't a concern or a wish for the man who has taken the time to put the various servers into play then we should just make two servers Vanilla TFC with all maps and NeoTF with all maps. That's the only way to satisfy everyone and even then I doubt it will satisfy everyone.

Saleen219

sadly some people are alergic to chocolate (not me but whatever)

P.s. Spammy is so awesome.

Ballsack

Interesting results.  I would be curious what the results would be if you put it on the main page.  Sometimes those random maps seems to lead to an exodus of players.

SpamDaddy!

Looks like a stalemate so far.

Saleen219

i could vote a couple more times if it would help