News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

TBL Season 5

Started by Angi, April 23, 2021, 03:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angi

frizz :

@everyone

Season 5 will be the last regular season of the TBL. Although we will officially stop running seasons, our doors will not be fully shut. 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 ladders will remain active. However, if the bot running those ladders fails, we will not be working to restore it. Any existing bugs will not be addressed. Going forward, we will be running oddball tournaments whenever we want to try something different and have the personal bandwidth. I'll put notices for those in the Cat's channel as well. Look for TFC Olympics announcement coming soon.

This league originally was meant to provide everyone season for a game most of us hadn't played in over a decade, but was still going to welcome those who've kept the game alive. I'm very happy seeing many old faces show up in this past year. My hope is that the connections we've rebuilt since the onset of COVID will remain, and I fully suspect that they will. Leagues like 4GL, gaming communities like Outhouse/Baiters/420, and people still showing up in IRC to play Inhouse will give everyone an outlet to continue playing TFC as well as many other games.

I also wanted to thank you to everyone who's participated in this league, and an additional thanks to those who  wanted to help the league. The Casters who've wanted to share matches, the Moderators who've agreed to help run the insanely boring day to day stuff.  @farmcheeze, @dougtck, @emmy. CoachSouz/Toastie for creating the TBL ladders and bot running them. I apologize for anyone that I missed.

A special shout-out to @nuki and @[nWo] some useless guy who've hung in there since Season One. You guys rock and shouldered far more than I had ever asked.

Thanks everyone, be well.

tl;dr - Season 5 is the last season. We're running a ghost staff for one-off tournaments going forward. If the bot dies, the ladders go with it. Thanks for being here.
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/