Main Menu

Rates for HH nade jumps

Started by Nuggs, March 29, 2016, 05:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirno

Quote from: xheon on August 18, 2016, 10:19:56 AM
Quote from: Cirno on August 18, 2016, 01:22:30 AM
Quote from: xheon on August 17, 2016, 05:57:36 PM
Yes, please give us the fps settings "Whoz Dat" uses as hwguy to shoot 1,000,000 bullets per second.  :yes:

fps_max 99.5, fps_override 0

Real or troll?

why wouldnt it be real???

Master

Quote from: Cirno on August 18, 2016, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: xheon on August 18, 2016, 10:19:56 AM
Quote from: Cirno on August 18, 2016, 01:22:30 AM
Quote from: xheon on August 17, 2016, 05:57:36 PM
Yes, please give us the fps settings "Whoz Dat" uses as hwguy to shoot 1,000,000 bullets per second.  :yes:

fps_max 99.5, fps_override 0

Real or troll?

why wouldnt it be real???
because everyone knows your eyes cant see over 60fps so its pointless to play at anything higher than that. Kappa

ma

Quote from: xheon on August 16, 2016, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: ma on August 16, 2016, 02:06:57 PM
If you want to be able to hand held conc at specific heights more consistently I recommend you download client side nade timer. As far as what the OP is suggesting, the only rates that really make a difference for concing are cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate (higher is better), but even those settings don't compensate for lag/ping fluctuations. Client side nade timer = truth.

I tried this one.

/ Lag Free - Primer - Press To Prime, Press Again To Throw
alias kgren1_throw "+gren1;spk mytimer;alias kgren1 kgren1_drop"
alias kgren1_drop "throwgren;alias kgren1 kgren1_throw"
alias kgren2_throw "+gren2;spk mytimer;alias kgren2 kgren2_drop"
alias kgren2_drop "throwgren;alias kgren2 kgren2_throw"
alias kgren1 kgren1_throw
alias kgren2 kgren2_throw

bind "key" "kgren1"
bind "key" "kgren2"

But I hate that I have to tap the key again twice after I conc jump even if the nade goes off, it´s annoying.

Do you know a diferent timer/config that solves this problem?

This is the "press to prime, press again to jump" timer btw, I have never used the "hold" timer.

There's no way around that problem. If you stick with it long enough, you'll get better at remembering whether or not your released the previous conc or used it to hand held (so you know if the conc will prime on your next key press after you res pawn, etc.). It's a trade off.

Nuggs

Quote from: Nuggs on August 17, 2016, 04:35:39 PM
Bishop, thanks for the technical breakdown! Very enlightening.

Would you mind posting your config? Curious to see what you have setup for optimal performance.

Post up dem rates bruh

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Master on August 18, 2016, 10:28:06 PM
because everyone knows your eyes cant see over 60fps so its pointless to play at anything higher than that. Kappa

They do?  Are you sure about that?

The reason the US uses 30 or 60fps and (most of) the rest of the world uses 25 or 50fps for their video update rates is their mains power frequencies (60Hz and 50Hz respectively, divided by 2 due to interlacing), which provided a simple and stable timebase for CRT displays (you know, those old ones, before LCD's  ::) ).  At around 25-30fps video starts to look "smooth" to your eyes; try watching video at 15fps and it looks quite jerky.  I wonder how much of that 25-60Hz requirement is physiology and how much is psychology. :thinking:

The benefits of increasing the frame rate start to taper off for most purposes by 50-60fps, hence why most screens max out at one of those frequencies.  You can buy modern TV's and monitors that are happy at up to at least 120fps, nominally for watching fast action sports, because your eyes can in fact see the higher rates, just normally when you're watching a newsreader or a cooking show they don't matter.

In any case, the game itself runs at higher rate than 60fps, and (afaik, although Bishop may have a definitive answer) the frames aren't synchronized per player, so 2 players may see very different sets of frames.

What I mean by this is, assume you have 2 players running at 60fps but the server running at 120fps (no I'm not sure that's the architecture, but this is an EXAMPLE).  If the players aren't synchronized then they will each see a different set of frames (in this example, player 1 sees all the odd frames and player 2 sees all the even frames), but the frames that each individual doesn't see still have an impact on their gameplay experience.
Infectious flying rats!