News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Anyone use a steam link or play TFC on a gamepad?

Started by Nuggs, June 28, 2017, 03:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

So the steam link was on sale for $13 so I figured why not give it a shot.

I wasn't expecting much but surprisingly there is no lag at all using a hardware connection. While I've only played Just Cause 3 so far it got me wondering what TFC would be like playing from the couch on an Xbox 360 controller.

Has anyone done this before?

I'm wondering how to bind keys to the controller without destroying all my configs

Nuggs

Well so much for that, literally the first google search result leads to this 2015 post by our one and only Master.

-[EVIL]- Mášŧεя¹  has Team Fortress Classic Jun 20, 2015 @ 10:30pm
The game does support 'joypads' however the support is quite limited from what I know, you can 'rebind' keys in the options menu, but i'm not sure if it detects controller input when using the dialogs to do so. In this game though, you need to turn around and shoot so fast.. that I do not see using a controller as a viable option.. the accuracy required in this game is too much to use a controller as an option

Uncle Fester

Your configs are stored in text files in the Steam TFC folder.  Just save copies of them before you muck around with the controller so you can restore afterwards.

That said, Master is clearly right.  The game is made for keyboard+mouse, it's not console auto-aiming rubbish.
Infectious flying rats!