News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Ban Appeal

Started by Gabe, May 31, 2014, 05:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabe

Name: Gabe's Ambulance Services
SteamID: VALVE_0:0:1843426186
Reason: On Hack Detection Page
Unban Time: Permanent Ban
Admin Name: -[EVIL]- Rand
I do not understand why I got banned for being on a hack detection page, which I further want to understand what do you mean by being on a hack detection page.

Gabe

Sorry, but I did not hack. My brother, Swift, has appeared to be banned on the same day for hacking which he did not, and that might have lead to me. Could there be a chance for both of us to get falsely detected?

I have contacted another admin regarding advice on this and I have been told to list down the things I, or rather we, have done before to our clients. I have been working on the listen server for our computers to play lan with. Things I have done are to install foxbot, neotf and amxmod. Also, I have renamed most of the files into another language or Mandarin for ease of reading.

Thank you for your time.

Saleen219

"Could there be a chance for both of us to get falsely detected?"

no

Gabe

Quote from: Saleen219 on May 31, 2014, 09:32:10 AM

no

Or to be detected by accident when a file has been mistaken for hacks.

Master

Quote from: Gabe on May 31, 2014, 09:18:41 PM
Quote from: Saleen219 on May 31, 2014, 09:32:10 AM

no

Or to be detected by accident when a file has been mistaken for hacks.
please post ALL of your configuration files and list any ways you have modified your game client from the original that is provided via peer2peer or from steam. Also post the info that is printed to your console when you type 'version'

The chances that you have been wrongfully detected are extremely slim (less than 5%) after reviewing the evidence, I will determine if this is at all a possibility

Gabe

I'll start with amxmod's config files. This is part of them. If nothing is found, do inform me and I will post more. I can't post all at one go because its 2 big, and the forum allows a max of 4 attachments per post and I dont wanna be spamming either.

One of the ways Swift did was to modify the configs, and change them into mandarin which I have went to translate back to the original.

Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.1 (tfc)
Exe build: 16:05:41 Jun 15 2009 (455)

Master

I dont need custom SERVER files, I need to know the customization the USER CLIENT will be running when it connects to a server, all custom user config files (end in .cfg located in the root of the TFC dir) and any dlls that the client runs on startup (metamod, opengl, etc.)