News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

TFC trivia facts

Started by Nuggs, January 11, 2021, 07:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venomous Fangs

One strange thing I have found is if a HW is using his chain gun, he appears  resistant to snipers shots barring a head shot. Many times I have sniped a HW using the gun and no apparent effect. Not sure if this is a graphics issue where damage doesn't show, or a bug where no damage is been taken, but as HW I don't fuss too much taking on snipers (Milo excepted), as they don't appear to be able to do much whilst the chain gun is in use, barring a 1 shot head kill.

Nuggs

I see five posts discussing the semantics of glass breaking on 55 but no new facts posted  :laugh:

Getting back on track

- Spy moving while feigned: On avanti style maps, playing as spy, wait until the last capture point is capped and the screen goes black. When you see the message "the flag has been returned to the bottom of the town" press the button to feign death.

Now you will be feigned but you can move around the map while feigned!

ocd

the bridges are breakable on  2 mesa 3 , i forget the exact map name...

the deep canyon map in the middle with 3 bridges... sips coffee*

Nuggs

Nice one ocd, I think that works on 2mesa3 and 2mesa4

- On avanti there is a bell in the tower above the church at cap 4. If the attacker's shoot the bell it will make a loud ringing sound and temporarily disable any defensive snipers in the bell tower (the effect is similar to a conc)

Gimpy

Quote from: Nuggs on January 13, 2021, 09:21:59 AM
- On avanti there is a bell in the tower above the church at cap 4. If the attacker's shoot the bell it will make a loud ringing sound and temporarily disable any defensive snipers in the bell tower (the effect is similar to a conc)

Wut??!!

Master

Quote from: Gimpy on January 13, 2021, 10:07:35 AM

Wut??!!
I was unaware of any effect, but I knew of the bell.. can be shot from both sides, behind the church and in front, has about a 1.5s delay before it can be hit again.

Nuggs

Quote from: Master on January 13, 2021, 07:34:16 PM
Quote from: Gimpy on January 13, 2021, 10:07:35 AM

Wut??!!
I was unaware of any effect, but I knew of the bell.. can be shot from both sides, behind the church and in front, has about a 1.5s delay before it can be hit again.

Wow a TFC fact that Master was unaware of! I guess that makes two now, the other being:

- A spy cannot disguise if they have the flashlight turned on   :laugh:

Gimpy, if you want to experience the effect yourself, spawn as a demoman, goto the church entrance side and look up at the bell tower, shoot a few pipes into it, then climb the bell tower and det your pipes

Nuggs

Have you ever wondered what TFC would be like if you could walk through walls?

Well, wonder no longer! There are quite a few maps that, by slight oversights by the map author, allow you to walk through a solid wall and enter the void.

I put together a collection of wall clips here : https://imgur.com/a/3igKXys

If anyone knows others let me know.

I didn't include the 2morfort swimming in the sky clip since the sever is running the updated file that fixes it

froob

This is something that i found is actually quite unknown to many, but concussion grenades aren't as effective on HWGuy as you might think.

During the conc effect, as you fire your AC the bullets will appear to exit the gun as usual, but with the weapon swaying effect which seemingly nullifies accuracy with the gun. However, during this effect, while firing, a single tracer (visual bullet) trails off from the main gun. This is where you are *actually* shooting. The view model is an illusion. This tracer can be used to fire the AC through the effect with great accuracy.

I actually didn't think that the conc effect was just a visual illusion. It's disorienting, sure, but with view models off as I know some people do, hwguy becomes far more effective in taking out medics and scouts on defense.

With autobhop and manual bhop, hwguy is a force to be reckoned with. With enough practice, you can literally shrug off concussion grenades almost immediately by just using this trick.

I don't remember who taught me this, but I do know for a fact it was on mulchdm. It might have been Mocay, but it could also have been Gimpy, or perhaps Blackhawk as I remember 1v1ing him during one of the tournaments.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Gimpy

Conc effect is fake. Just pretend it isnt happening

One of my favs that few seem to do... bonus nade! If you're priming a nade when you pick up nades, you fill up and get to throw a free nade as long as you're quick

Nuggs

Good post SF. Playing without weapon models def makes concaim easier

IIRC tracer commands have been locked in recent updates, but back in the day you could change the colors of your tracers and make the "true aim" tracer a different color than the rest, which allowed an obvious advantage.

Quote from: Gimpy on January 20, 2021, 04:30:31 AM
Conc effect is fake. Just pretend it isnt happening

One of my favs that few seem to do... bonus nade! If you're priming a nade when you pick up nades, you fill up and get to throw a free nade as long as you're quick

That's a nice tip, but what about one of TFC's oldest bugs, the death prime bonus nade?

If you die at the exact same instant you prime a nade, when you spawn the nade will still be primed but you won't hear any beeps or see any visual cues until 4 seconds later when the nade explodes in your face  :rip:

froob

Quote from: Nuggs on January 20, 2021, 01:04:16 PM
Good post SF. Playing without weapon models def makes concaim easier

IIRC tracer commands have been locked in recent updates, but back in the day you could change the colors of your tracers and make the "true aim" tracer a different color than the rest, which allowed an obvious advantage.

Wait, you can't change tracer color anymore?!?!?

I could have sworn I did that just a year or two ago. You had to go into some sort of .cfg file and change the RGB value..

I had no idea that you previously could change the color of the "true aim" tracer. That would make that strategy twice as effective.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Gimpy

I fucking hate the death prime. Happens all the time.

As sniper, its an instant death.

Nuggs

How to perform a Teleport launch:

Similar to a detpack boost, an engineers teleporter can be used to launch your team mates very long distances at high rates of speed.

This one borderlines on exploit, but there aren't really any practical applications besides having a laugh.

How to perform:

-  Player 1, the Engineer builds both a tele exit and entrance.
- Player 2, any class, steps onto the tele entrance and commits suicide
- If Timed correctly, the teleporter will teleport your dead body through
- Player 2 respawns and again takes the teleporter
- Right as Player 2 enters the tele, Player 1 detonates exit

If done correctly, Player 2 will be launched  at a very high rate of speed in the direction they are facing when exiting the tele

It's fun to play around with on huge maps like freefall

froob

Apparently avanti was originally made for Team Fortress 2 - Brotherhood of Arms, under the name "Italy"

There's a bunch of other stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVq8PdM9hc