News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

TFC trivia facts

Started by Nuggs, January 11, 2021, 07:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

Do you know a fun or obscure fact about TFC that others might not be aware of?

If so, this is the thread to post them! I'll start:

- In the map Well, you can detpack your own sewer grate

FjS

You can also detpack your own ice block in vidar2

Nuggs

On Rock2, it's a fairly well known fact that you can survive the gas attack if you're in the warden's office.

- A lesser known fact is that you can also survive the gas by hiding in the corner of the room next to the warden office, the room with the filing cabinets.

DomiAvenger

that i didnt know nuggs, could actually be helpful if ur like a second or 2 short of getting into the wardens office.
Also on rock2, if you build an SG where the det spot is on your side(after its already been blown), then have your demo re-seal it, your sg stays inside the new rock wall and is nearly invincible. emps and nail grens can still kill it; also you cant repair it lol. It takes a bit off effort to do, but its fun XD

Tena

Quote from: DomiAvenger on January 11, 2021, 12:07:55 PM
that i didnt know nuggs, could actually be helpful if ur like a second or 2 short of getting into the wardens office.
Also on rock2, if you build an SG where the det spot is on your side(after its already been blown), then have your demo re-seal it, your sg stays inside the new rock wall and is nearly invincible. emps and nail grens can still kill it; also you cant repair it lol. It takes a bit off effort to do, but its fun XD

...I need to try that lol

Nuggs

Staying on the Rock2 theme, another trick is the double cap

- This trick needs 2 players. The first player goes to the enemy gas chamber and ducks underneath the lever for gas release. The second player brings the key to the gas chamber and triggers the gas while the other is still ducking under the lever.

The lever will move halfway down but gas won't activate and the key will return. While player 1 continues to stay under the lever, player 2 will go back and grab the key and once again bring it to the gas chamber.

Once player 2 returns to the gas chamber, player 1 can now move away from under the lever, triggering the gas release. As soon as the release is over, player 2 can again use the key and press the lever to trigger a second instant gas attack!

Gimpy

I really hate the 2 player capfest in rock2.... but I do love that the gas can't get you in the wardens office

It also can't get you underwater

DomiAvenger

its fun tena XD, playing O u can barely see it at all until your close enough that its already killed you lol. Next time were on together well try and vote rock2 so we can do it. Its such a fun glitchy ass map XD

froob

this is probably far more well known than say, an gas proof pixel on rock2, but on the map 55, below the bases there's a vent which leads up into that display area just above spawn. I rarely see this used probably because it's practically useless in a competitive scenario, but it's always fun to sit up there and spook unsuspecting players by blasting through the glass and fragging.

That whole map is an enigma.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Gimpy

the glass is breakable.

Can't remember if its a det or just a shitload of damage though

Master

Quote from: Gimpy on January 12, 2021, 04:37:30 AM
the glass is breakable.

Can't remember if its a det or just a shitload of damage though
takes SEVERAL dets, literally a ton of damage.

Nuggs

- On the map push, there are indicator lights in the yard and spawns that illuminate blue or red depending on which team has the ball. These lights are actually buttons that you can press, meaning the player can turn them on and off at will regardless of what team currently has the ball

froob

Quote from: Master on January 12, 2021, 06:49:36 AM
takes SEVERAL dets, literally a ton of damage.

yes, last time i tried breaking it with a crowbar it took so long I thought the map was broken about 3/4ths of the way through. Literally broke it a few minutes before the match ended.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

FjS

You can break the glass on 55 with just regular weapons, probably takes a good 5-7 minutes

Master

Quote from: FjS on January 12, 2021, 08:45:54 PM
You can break the glass on 55 with just regular weapons, probably takes a good 5-7 minutes
yes, but the point remains.. it takes a lot of damage to break that glass.