News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Please Define Spy Spamming

Started by WTR, March 13, 2014, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTR

Hi all,

Recently I was accused of spy spamming on 2fort in my own base.  Threatened to be banned by an admin (won't say which one - one who I actually like). I am clearly aware that dropping pills in front of an enemy's respawn in one example. That was not the case here. What about dropping pills in your own base just inside the entrance on the bottom floor to make like difficult for enemies to enter or dropping them on the way out of the flag room to stop a flag capture. Or dropping them in random places in your own base to make yourself aware of when an enemy is nearby?

Thanks! 

Master

rules are available here

it is up to the admin to interpret what is and isn't against these rules. you would need to talk to the admin in question for more information on this.

crosby

There are more lenient admins and very strict by the book admins. The thing to know I guess is that admins will warn you before taking action.

Saleen219

i dont know if it was me or not but lots of times ive seen a spy (and other classes) stand inside respawn door, and tossing pill after pill after pill after pill after pill...you get the picture...this is often frowned upon.

and yes i usually warn before i admin

WTR

Wasn't you Saleen - Thanks for all of the replies. I was pretty much told I could not use spy pills in my own base only the enemies base.  I disagreed because of the reasons I posted before. Also,  I have seen scouts drop caltrops in random places and entrances while not under attack but that is not considered spam. To be exact the spy pills were dropped on the sniper tower of my own base, bottom floor entrance, and bottom floor ramp room in front of the 2fort elevator room.

p0izon

I'm in agreement with Rand's definition for the most part. Only difference is, I will discipline if you throw multiple grenades from respawn onto a nearby flag.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: p0izon on March 13, 2014, 06:55:19 PM
I'm in agreement with Rand's definition for the most part. Only difference is, I will discipline if you throw multiple grenades from respawn onto a nearby flag.

Exactly what I was going to add. I think the two things I try and ensure when I am on is that every player has a fair chance to exit their spawn and engage the enemy and that each player plays fairly.

Having said that, when you are in your respawn spamming grenades cuz they are available you are abusing a privilege. Master set the grenades to respawn quickly so that ALL teammates would have fair access to the grenades without waiting. He did not do that so you can stay near spawn and toss out 12 grenades per second at your flag.

If you wanna play the game play the way you all know it is supposed to be played.