News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Hillary

Started by J0llyR0ger, October 19, 2015, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

The saddest part about all this is, we won't be able to tell you I told you so. BibleThump

Bonaparte

Quote from: Juliet on October 21, 2015, 04:47:20 PM
Thankfully God doesn't exist or I will be burning for all of eternity when I die.  You're also delusional if you believe you're sin free.   It's even evident in your poor trolling attempts.  You're not pure.  Don't pretend to be.  Fake Christians are the worst.

When did I say I don't sin?  Being a Christian does not mean your "sin nature" has disappeared.  Heck, I sinned earlier today.  I was thinking that if I was ever in charge of a country, I would nuke Mecca (the Muslim holy city).  I was also thinking I might send fighter jets to bomb the Vatican.  I'm tired of the Pope's liberal agenda and deception, and I'm tired of how he tries to push his agendas onto other countries, such as the United States.  I'm also tired of what ISIS is doing to people, and I'm tired of all the crap going on with the Syrian refugee communities in Europe, - children missing, people being murdered, and so forth.

I heavily doubt God wants me to nuke Mecca and bomb the Vatican.  And I need Jesus to help me with my tendencies to think such things.

I know I have done some trolling in the past, and I should stop doing that.  I haven't been trolling in this thread, though, if that is what you were referring to.

If you are offended at me calling myself a Christian and then trolling, I do have somewhat of a hard time feeling sorry for you.  I mean, if you have the nerve to say that God does not exist, don't bother talking as though "objective moral standards" exist.  In other words, what's it to you if I'm a fake, hypocritical Christian (assuming I really am one)?.  If you can say God does not exist, I may as well say that my genetics make me a fake Christian, or maybe it had something to do with evolution, or whatever other explanation I want to give.

Many atheists out there want to have a ten commandments (or some sort of objective moral law) yet without God.  You cannot have it both ways.  I don't think you can separate God from the idea there is an objective moral law.

I don't want you to go to hell for eternity :(  Like...I really, really, really don't want that for anybody.  Thankfully, there is hope :)

Guts

Quote from: Sun-Tzu on October 22, 2015, 12:18:35 AM

I know I have done some trolling in the past, and I should stop doing that.  I haven't been trolling in this thread, though, if that is what you were referring to.

yeah right buddy

Juliet

Quote from: Juliet on October 21, 2015, 04:47:20 PM
Many atheists out there want to have a ten commandments (or some sort of objective moral law) yet without God.  You cannot have it both ways.  I don't think you can separate God from the idea there is an objective moral law.

Sure you can separate it.  God doesn't actually exist, so it's easy to do.  There are millions of people who are good, intelligent, and decent in the absence of your magic space daddy. They don't need the threat of burning for eternity or life everlasting in bliss to make them behave in a decent manner.  They just do. We're all forced to live together, we might as well make it more tolerable.

I've noticed over the years that religious fools like to claim responsibility for all the decent things in the world. All the good behavior, selflessness...  All the instances where something truly good happens, they like to thank God.  Sadly they are incapable of seeing the true good in a person or act, and feel a need to give credit again to their magic sky daddy. 

Before religion existed, laws were in place to make humans dealing with humans less of a clusterfuck.  It has nothing to do with the commandments. (which resembled laws historically accepted as decent by the human race)Religions have a habit of doing that. They pick and choose what is acceptable or truly decent and then try to claim it as their own.  They also modify their texts to adapt to whatever beliefs people find acceptable at a time.  IE: The world being flat to it being spherical. 

Feel free to read up on the Code of Hammurabi here: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/ancient/hammpre.asp  and please note how closely several of the laws resemble your commandments.  By the way, the first law of man was written somewhere around 4000 B.C. Way...way...WAY before your 'magic tablets upon Mt. Sinai'. But of course, GOD must've had something to do with it........ give me a break.

I would rather die and be nothing than live eternally in some spirit realm.  Billy Joel said it best when he said "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints"  People can't truly live their lives if they live it with some irrational fear of punishment from something that isn't real.

This isn't to say I wouldn't want to see what the future is like, but if we developed a 'cure' for death, I wouldn't want to live forever.  I only want to know what occurs down the line several years. A glimpse of the world/humanity 50,100,1000, 10,000, 100,000+ years in the future.

Anyway, again, arguing with religious nuts never ends well, and is a waste of both of our time.  You believe in something lacking a scrap of true evidence.  You believe something based on rumors blown out of proportion, myths and legends.  You state that these myths and legends and rumors are fact and no amount of rational thinking will change that.   That's okay. That's your prerogative.  That's what many religious people do.

I am done here.  You can't talk sense to the senseless.

J0llyR0ger

Hahah  Like all the sheeple, you were fooled by Bill's little "Monica" thing.  The sensational story always trumps the real news.  Why don't you research a little into what old Billy boy was getting into trouble about immediately before the whole Monica thing blew up.   I'll give you a hint, it was treasonous, and corrupt.
But... the trick worked, everyone looked "over there" and was distracted from the true crime, and focused on Bill's willy.

some examples:
http://informationcollective.org/the-lewinsky-cover-up-the-sex-scandal-that-distracted-america-from-the-clintons-true-malfeasance/

http://www.ornery.org/essays/2001-01-26-1.html

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/225295/monica-lewinsky-wasnt-victim-america-was-daniel-greenfield

But probably the worst of this, and not mentioned much, was the treasonous acts perpetrated by Bill, in sharing not-for-export munitions technology (missle tech) with the Chinese in return for "campaign contributions" by wealthy Chinese ahem.. "businessmen"

Juliet

Quote from: J0llyR0ger on October 22, 2015, 07:27:44 PM
I'll give you a hint, it was treasonous, and corrupt.

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist about things, personally.

I hope you're not one of the people that believe that 911 was a hoax, Sandyhook was staged, or that the convicts that escaped from prison in upstate NY was another staged story designed to distract from other things going on.

J0llyR0ger

Oh no.   There are certainly a lot of whacknuts out there that believe 9/11, sandy hook, etc were hoaxes, I am not one of them.  I witnessed things on 9/11 that I will never forget, and still to this day affect me with much emotion.  And I know for a fact that is was a group of middle-eastern zealots that pulled it off.

There are a lot of unintelligent, uneducated people out there, which is a big reason we are in so much trouble, and that the politicians are allowed to get away with so much corruption.

However, there are plenty of examples of "political spin" that goes on to distract the people from the real problem.  If it involves sex, and is highly sensationalized, you can bet something else is going on. LOL.

Bonaparte

Quote from: Juliet on October 22, 2015, 03:18:39 PM

I am done here.  You can't talk sense to the senseless.

Nut uh.. not happening, friend.  You can't just give your argument and then say "well...I am done now."  It's not that I want the last word or anything like that, but it is not intellectually fair to disallow your opponent to respond.

At the moment I wont respond to everything you wrote.  But, concerning the laws similar to what is in ten-commandments... I don't deny that there were other cultures, maybe even some that pre-dated the "issuing" of the ten commandments, that had laws (or moral principles) similar to the ten commandments.  Yet, that does not prove the ten commandments came from other cultures or that our moral principles are just something that evolved or whatever.

Additionally, it is worth noting that "Murder," which pertains to the sixth commandment, first appears a long, long time before the ten commandments.  Cain and Abel were children of Adam and Eve.  Cain murdered Abel.  Read Genesis 4 if you ever get the chance.  What I'm trying to show is...principles of right and wrong, even in the Scriptures, pre date the ten-commandments. 

We can talk more on this at a later time if you want.  Right now I have to go do something.

Juliet

I've read most of the Bible.  It's a boring read, especially knowing it's a collection of stories written and edited by men.

As I said though: no sense. I am truly done, this is not worth my time.

Bonaparte

Quote from: Juliet on October 22, 2015, 11:04:24 PM
As I said though: no sense. I am truly done, this is not worth my time.

Okay.  I will be here if you want to resume discussion :)

Bonaparte

Quote from: Guts on October 22, 2015, 06:53:01 AM

yeah right buddy

No but seriously... whether or not my comments to Venom and Swede were trolling is pretty debatable...or maybe it was borderline.  My intention was not to make anyone angry or just downright hurt somebody's feelings.  I do like to stir up religious discussions and debates though.  I think they are quite fun.

Guts

Quote from: Sun-Tzu on October 22, 2015, 10:18:24 PM
Yet, that does not prove the ten commandments came from other cultures or that our moral principles are just something that evolved or whatever.

A religious guy requiring proof of someone's argument against religion. Just snuck that right in there, well player sir. Master of trolls at it again.

Bonaparte

Lol... today I was accused of trolling for the same thing, but on a site called Personality CafĂ©.  A long time ago I was heavily into a personality theory called the MBTI.  Nowadays I do not put as much stock into it, although I still think there is some truth to the MBTI personality classifications.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/671946-enfps-really-great-match-intjs-17.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page.  My user name is crfeguson.  Either I really am trolling, or it is just easy to be accused of it when you talking about the Christian faith.