News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Server Timeouts By The Truck Load

Started by Dr.Phuckoff, February 13, 2017, 12:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Phuckoff

The last few days it seems I get server timeout and booted more than usual I am not using voice since it seems I am also muted and cannot undo it. Before it happened when voice comms were used in game, but not this time. Yesterday it ws about 6 timeouts and today 3. Not sure what we can do with personal settings as I did change my cl_timeout range to what was suggested. I do travel and the difference between home and on the road used to not make a lot of difference. Ideas?

Dr.Phuckoff

Master

Quote from: Dr.Phuckoff on February 13, 2017, 12:29:53 PM
4 timeouts now and I am done...
This is a known issue. I am working on it, but I have limited information about what caused this, so it is taking me a while to pinpoint why its happening.

Butterbean

don't know if this helps but I also have noticed that if you go straight into spec you cannot see any of the type chat... voice and admin chat work but no spec or general chat. this is resolved by joining a team, spawning then returning to spec. then the chat issue will be resolved.

ALSO, I noticed that when the timeouts occur all but 3 players are usually kicked. When you return the bots are back in taking over the player spots immediately, yesterday I saw a timeout where the bot came in and stayed for about 4-5 minutes until he was kicked. (bot came in and stayed when there was a total of 12-14 players in the game)

I don't know if any of these issues helps but I figured I would provide the info in an effort to lead you to what is causing the timeouts.

Dr.Phuckoff

I changed my timeout rate to 35 the other day to see if it helped. I still timed out. I had seen the other thread some time ago and had made the change to experiment. I will keep reading on the subject..