News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Any chance?

Started by BlackHawk, May 16, 2016, 06:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackHawk

that there would possibly be another sniping tournament?  :yes:
-BLacKie

Gimpy

Its been over 10 years since I've done any legit competition sniper...

What are the posed rules..?

Master

Perhaps someday we can do one of those again, but it has been many years since I have seen one, and much longer since I have participated in one.. from my recollections it is a 1v1 ladder match, best of 10 I think? no nades, no crossing.. I can't remember how map selection works but I think it's just a game of chance (pick a number etc.)

I don't know if anyone has the available time to go through the motions to set something like this up, but I for one would like to see this happen.

Gimpy

Assuming all can be civil, it would be rather simple.

Force the Sniperzone to a map, and play 1v1 (or any other number, as Sniper Clan matches were), and play to a time limit. Best KvD ratio overall takes it.

No crossing, no nades would be obvious... No "not playing", as in, don't get first kill and then stop playing...

Or, we could do 1v1 as well. Where these were normally a race to 10 kills.

Unsure if there were other rules that I forgot about.

Paz

Man, it's been years since I played in a sniper tournament.  We should definitely do this!
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

BlackHawk

if i remember right.. 2fortsniper is map of choice for 1 v 1's, and is usually first to 10 frags wins / moves on to next bracket.
-BLacKie

Bonaparte

This sounds like a fun idea.  I would like to take part it in.  Hopefully, however, my internet can work consistently.  I have been out for about a week or two, and I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the firewall in my router or just a protocol problem, because everybody else in my house was able to connect, and everything on my computer seemed to be working right.  The problem could have been something else (idk..).  Just recently it started working for me again, out of random.  But, I need to reinstall steam and try and configure some things.

Team sniper matches would be fun too, if enough people will play.

Gimpy

This will probably be like our scrims.

Members only.

Bonaparte

That's cool.  Still, there can be team matches.  EVIL can have its own team, and people outside the clan can form teams.  It would be lots of fun.

BlackHawk

we have a 2fortsniper server ?
-BLacKie

deadly

no we have a sniperzone server