News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

EVIL Scrim Match 18 March 2016 - 8pm CST

Started by Gimpy, March 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimpy

For those of you who were fortunate enough to make it to the meeting last night, the meeting was followed up with a 4v4 (turned into 6v6) scrim match. We had nine EVIL members and a sub. It was great. I'm going to give a breakdown of what rules we had, and I'm proposing that we do this after EVERY meeting, and I'm going to try and organize one for this FRIDAY night, so maybe we'll get some other people to join.

We played 30 seconds prematch, followed by 25 minutes of play. OvD only. Two team captains were picked. One TC received first player pick, while the other got to pick the map.

After 25 mins, map reset, and we switched sides. One team changed to D, the other to O, and repeated the 25 min match.

I am shooting for this Friday as a date, and a different time from our meetings. This is to hope that some of our members who can't make Saturday nights, might be able to make Friday nights.

Another rule was posed that O could only be Med or Scout... Its been over 12 years since I've done any match play... Is this normally a rule? Anyone who would like to discuss rules for matches, please discuss here!

If someone would like to try and organize this for a different date/time please send me a Steam or Forum message!

Lastly, anyone who is planning on attending, please post here, so that we know if we can do this or not.

Butterbean

Sounds Awesome!... Last nights scrimmage was awesome!

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this coming Friday as I will be working evening shift this week.

Anyone who can attend I would DEFINITELY encourage you to be there. It is fun playing with your fellow EVIL members.

Have Fun!

klumy

Quote from: Gimpy on March 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

We played 30 seconds prematch, followed by 25 minutes of play.

I think 15 min per round would be better, rather than 25, as it feels like its dragging on after awhile.

Quote from: Gimpy on March 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM
Another rule was posed that O could only be Med or Scout... Its been over 12 years since I've done any match play... Is this normally a rule? Anyone who would like to discuss rules for matches, please discuss here!

For 4v4s O med/scout is best, to prevent unnecessary spam and whatnot.

Just makes the gameplay much cleaner and friendly.

Additionally, I would like to attend this Friday.

Guts

I will try and be there. I can bhop but I'd prefer the atuobhop. It's a bit slower than BZ so its not too crazy and i dont have to hit spacebar 1000 times....im  spoiled.

Gian17

yes, but in this type of mourning is preferable done it manually the bhop

Gimpy

Apparently I forgot to mention...

Scrim match will be in The Spillway!

Rand

Spillway had autohop on this morning while I was checking my 'not able to see any models' problem on other servers besides BZ.