News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

anyone have windows 8.1 or win10 installed

Started by Saleen219, April 15, 2015, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saleen219

and how do you like it??

i might have to actually take it up the back side and actually PAY for windows. 8.1 is the current one before win10 comes out although i think you can get 10 now??

i have zero experience with Linux so...

the kids shitty laptop has 8.1 and i didnt actually  like it with what little i got to play on it.

my win7 ult activator refuses to work anymore on this rig, a few 'work around' didnt work. i got 30 days to make up my mind unless the boss wants to pay for 8.1

crosby

sorta related... they have cheap legit windows 8 keys on reddit. pm me on steam and Ill link you

Master

Tried em both, w10 didn't have hardly any drivers for my PC, w8.1 is decent, you need to install classic shell though, and if you need help with 'free alternatives' I can help with that too

Saleen219

i was going try the above first (but with 7) - if that dont work, i will hit ya up. i like free. i can afford two at that price

p0izon

I use 8.1 with classic shell and it's perfect.

Using the Windows 7 style start menu & auto load desktop on start up option.

Rand

8.1 on the wife's new Xmas laptop, crap without classic shell, perfectly fine with classic shell.  Window's auto file and settings transfer doesn't work from Vista to 8.1, though.  Have to do it manually.