News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Can't connect to steam...

Started by Ironhd, January 15, 2015, 06:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhd

Help! Came home from work Tuesday evening and noticed my neatgear symbol was red (no connection). Rebooted modem, router and comp and had internet service again. Tried to get on steam the next morning and it won't connect. I've tried turnning off my firewall, my antivirus, deleting a file in the steam folder called clientblob that I saw on some forums, and bypassing the router all to no avail. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Not having Rand destroy me in the mornings is throwing my whole day off   :opps:

SpamDaddy!

This happened to me about 8 months ago. Only reinstalling steam solved it. Save all your config files to your most played games before you do though!

p0izon

I would try and log in again. I'm sure the H1Z1 hype may have had a bit to do with your connectivity issues.

HellRaiser

Quote from: Ironhd on January 15, 2015, 06:14:35 AM
Help! Came home from work Tuesday evening and noticed my neatgear symbol was red (no connection). Rebooted modem, router and comp and had internet service again. Tried to get on steam the next morning and it won't connect. I've tried turnning off my firewall, my antivirus, deleting a file in the steam folder called clientblob that I saw on some forums, and bypassing the router all to no avail. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Not having Rand destroy me in the mornings is throwing my whole day off   :opps:

I have the same problem since Tuesday. I get a long delay while logging in then it says can't connect. Offline mode as usual only allows 5 minutes of play before disconnecting.

Rand

Not having Iron and Hell destroy me in the mornings really sucks, imo.

My Steam issues usually work themselves out after a couple tries at logins after the Steam network gets going again.  I have no good input.

deadly

Ironhd

This really sucks... I'm having withdrawals.

Ironhd

Woooohooo!  Just connected to steam! (but don't have time to play) Maybe they got the sheeeet fixed.

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Happens every often. What I do is turn off & on the PC. Its not the modem, its  steam itself.

duelrabbit

Quote from: p0izon on January 15, 2015, 04:11:38 PM
I would try and log in again. I'm sure the H1Z1 hype may have had a bit to do with your connectivity issues.

Isn't that game having a lot of controversy? 

Master

Quote from: 1310 on January 21, 2015, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: p0izon on January 15, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Isn't that game having a lot of controversy? 
Yes, they failed to deliver in their promise of not having a pay2win business model.

http://m.imgur.com/xpkbZ7s