News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

[Resolved] burden-uZ ban

Started by Swede, October 01, 2014, 09:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Message from burden-uZ:

I do not cheat at all. I was banned from back to the basics.
I insist my name be cleared.
I have played way to long for this bs.
Please help me. I go by burden-uZ

Saleen219

Im not sure if this ban is mine or not. I saw his name on the hack detection page, someone mentioned he was on and the map was about to change so i quickly did a ban.

As the map went to change, i beleive that the server crashed as the map was to change from 2fort to another map and it acted like the server crashed, next map came as 2fort which would happen ater a server restart.

The ban msg i got in console indicated that the cross server bans may not be working properly. Server restarted and he was back. I searched the bans and didnt see my ban. So i guess it didnt take.

At this time i noticed that the player who was on had a different steam id as shown on the hack detection page. I contacted another admin to get that admins opinion as to whether or not i should (re)ban the player - the player left on his own before i could reban him even tho i thought maybe i wont reban him due to dif steam id's.

Now the email we all got, and you posted here, well not sure if that ban is mine or not.

Master

I was not able to find the user in the ban list, without more info I will not be able to look into this

Saleen219

this is the only info i can offer at this time:
STEAM_0:1:93157959 on hack page...
STEAM_0:1:45476687 after what happened above with the quick ban, the ban msg, and server crash/reboot.

but no, when i searched for my ban it didnt show so. <shrug>

p0izon

He lights up the bhop detection when in game. I noticed it a few days ago. I've started to hold back bans on those players, because I've noticed the ones using it aren't even trying to bhop or maybe they really are. They just jump with no forward momentum.

-[EVIL]- burden

Hello guys.  I am trying to resolve the fact that I was wrongly banned.  Just tried to log into server with no luck.  Would someone help me out?

Saleen219

What steam id are you banned under

Master

Quote from: p0izon on October 01, 2014, 05:23:59 PM
He lights up the bhop detection when in game. I noticed it a few days ago. I've started to hold back bans on those players, because I've noticed the ones using it aren't even trying to bhop or maybe they really are. They just jump with no forward momentum.
and how easy is it too reproduce this?  I have only found one person who has Venn able to reproduce it without intentionally trying to do so, it's not easy to get it to go off, and much harder to get it higher then one.. And if you get flagged for it, then you are either hacking or purposefully exploiting it, which is hard to do without knowing how to set it off.

Tl;dr: if someone is tripping the bhop detection, I'd start suspecting them of foul play

p0izon

I'm not saying they're not hacking. I'm saying if they are, they're doing it wrong.

-[EVIL]- burden

I have a crouch jump.  All it does is let me jump and crouch at the same time.  I never thought this would ever be an issue.  I will remove it from my cfg file.  I have never had a prob with it in the years I have played.  Im not even sure how to find my steam ID.  Im too stupid to hack, just went on an old website and copy pasted a crouch jump to my cfg. file.  I do not bunny hop.

p0izon

Neither account is banned. Are you sure you're banned?

-[EVIL]- burden

yes, I am still banned.  I appreciate the responses.  I will look into finding my steam id and get it to you.  Thanks again.

Saleen219

I cant find any evidence of a ban tbh

-[EVIL]- burden

this is my steam id  STEAM_0:1:93157959.  Thank you!

-[EVIL]- burden

Im back on!  Appreciate it.