News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Donations + TFC

Started by Master, September 14, 2014, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master

Lately, it seems like donations haven't been coming in as much as they used to, TFC is a dying game, but that's no reason to stop caring about it, over the past 5+ years, EVIL servers have become a home for many users and we see many different people from all over the world with something in common: a love for TFC. I know many of you have donated in the past, some of you were even regular donators, but I haven't seen any more donations coming in. If you enjoy the servers, (and more importantly TFC itself) consider donating some money to help with the server costs. EVIL servers is meant to be the last stand for TFC, when all the other servers are no longer running, EVIL servers will still be here so that TFC doesn't have to die.

Recently, I was confronted by a user named 'Trooper' about this and he has offered to donate $100 if we are to match that number, but this is not possible without the help of you. The more people who donate, the faster we can reach that goal, which would then be doubled by the generosity of a fellow user, which would allow us to run our servers even longer, everybody wins and TFC keeps surviving! So if you play on our servers, or appreciate what we are doing, please consider donating, it would greatly benefit everyone.

trooper

Thanks for posting this thread master and hello everyone! I would like to quickly explain my thoughts on this thread and the importance I feel around donating towards the evil servers as a whole. I like many of you have been playing this game on and off for over a decade a long time indeed! We the team fortress classic community have played a vital role for 15 years in making this game what we all know and love today and I sure many of you will agree with that. We also as members of the tfc community not just this server have played such a vital role in this game that is now our choice when this game truly starts to cease to exist.

Its a fact that team fortress classic can survive for many years to come and there is no collective agreement by the tfc community to stop playing this game we enjoy so much however with the potential of one of the popular community driven servers such as [evil] going offline its nearly impossible to argue that it would not have implications for the community and ultimately the game. With all of that being said if you feel the same and would like to donate to help keep this server and game alive I have an offer to help you achieve more for the amount you donate!

Server Bill Due - 4th october 2014
Total amount donated - $106.84
Amount needed to pay server bill this quarter- $268.18

My offer
I will pay half of the server bill ($134.08) if we can have that matched by other members of the tfc community as a whole e.g two members donating $67.04 each.

Ballsack

I'm happy to kick in to keep the servers running.  Thanks for running a first class operation.

bring back VIP and neotef tech vote and ill kik in, i suck so i need all the help i can get!

SpamDaddy!

That is awesome, Trooper. Good post guys!

Saleen219

no, vip can stay dead as far as im concerned, i do like the vote thing to.

seemed to me vip added more problems than it solved

Rand

Thank you trooper for the very generous and kind offer!

SpamDaddy!

I donated anonymously before I joined the clan...I didn't want the VIP crap cuz when you lose it you will suck even more (AND I SUCK ALREADY!) and I cant afford that!

Kerrybiantulip

I can't donate at the current moment, money's always tight in September when I start back up at work.

Waiting for a few paychecks then I'll get back to it.

Venomous Fangs

Don't fuss about the server, I will make up what ever difference next thursday. I would have this fortnight but my fridge died last Friday and it was $950.00 to buy a replacement  :'(. At least my beer is now cold  :laugh:

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on September 18, 2014, 11:23:06 PM
Don't fuss about the server, I will make up what ever difference next thursday. I would have this fortnight but my fridge died last Friday and it was $950.00 to buy a replacement  :'(. At least my beer is now cold  :laugh:

COLD BEER!!! WOOHOO!!! Wait, I don't drink beer..well WOOHOO anyway!

deadly

just in time for the pizza and cookies during the clan meeting

Cookie

Quote from: deadly on September 19, 2014, 07:37:23 PM

We got a pizzadealer?

Master

Quote from: Cookie on September 21, 2014, 03:49:50 AM

We got a pizzadealer?
Thank you for volunteering for this position, I will make sure to make a note of it during your next admin evaluation.

Cookie

Quote from: Master on September 21, 2014, 04:29:48 AM
Quote from: Cookie on September 21, 2014, 03:49:50 AM

We got a pizzadealer?
Thank you for volunteering for this position, I will make sure to make a note of it during your next admin evaluation.
You son of a....
Fine... I know a good place down the street