News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Gimpys Road Move!

Started by Gimpy, August 30, 2014, 02:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimpy

Well day 6 of hotel living, and day two of being on the road, brings more surprises. Currently sitting in Moline IL, in my room... I checked in, and got my keys. Went up to my room, opened the door and went in.

So I saw my kitchen on the left, living room on the right, and the bedroom up on the left. So I dropped my bags, and went to te car where my notebook was with all my hotel addresses, numbers, reservation numbers, and my rates. So it was $139 a night. Why am I in a suite? Maybe she is going to over charge me (which we can't have, as I'm on the govt dime), or did she want my pickle?

Apparently it's completely right, and I'm stupid for not realize that a residence inn by Marriott, is all suites.

Moral of today - I'm not special.

--Gimpy

Gimpy

Well that didn't take long...

So I decided to order Chinese delivery for supper. But wanted to order it right away, so I couldn't change my mind later. Under the portion where it asks of this is a future order or not... I asked for my supper to come at 6pm.

So it's 3:30... And here it is! Thank you for coming two and a half hours early with my supper. Good thing I have a microwave!

--Gimpy

Kerrybiantulip

So did you have to leave the inn when you found they were all suites?  Or did you pay the difference?

Master

Quote from: Gimpy on August 30, 2014, 03:38:18 PM
Well that didn't take long...

So I decided to order Chinese delivery for supper. But wanted to order it right away, so I couldn't change my mind later. Under the portion where it asks of this is a future order or not... I asked for my supper to come at 6pm.

So it's 3:30... And here it is! Thank you for coming two and a half hours early with my supper. Good thing I have a microwave!

--Gimpy

lol what, they gave you your food two and a half hours before the time you requested it?? I can understand like half an hour before, but thats... way too early..

Rand

Those goofy Moline, IL, Chinese restaurants.......

Gimpy

Juliet - apparently that's the military rate for these suites? So I'm just hanging out at the desk in the living room having a glass of rum, with the ice from my freezer.

Master - They apparently didn't notice it was a future order. Theyade it, and delivered it. I was not impressed. So my soup, egg roll, rice, and noodles, are sitting in the fridge.

Rand

Gimpy

Rand. I am dumb, and apparently think that people would read / do their job. I ordered online, and paid credit card. With the tip already attached.

"You are an idiot, ah hah hah hah hah ha!"

Rand

Master

Quote from: Gimpy on August 30, 2014, 05:46:08 PM
Rand. I am dumb, and apparently think that people would read / do their job. I ordered online, and paid credit card. With the tip already attached.

"You are an idiot, ah hah hah hah hah ha!"
This is why I will only ever pay the tip in cash, you never know if they might fuck up..

SpamDaddy!

Gimpy

Lol Yes I am! For another hour. Then I hit the road for East Lansing today!

Kerrybiantulip

Gimpy

And arrived in East Lansing! The marriott here is beautiful, and I'm right downtown. But the room is "meh". Nothing special. Bed, tv, desk, armchair, couch. But a surprisingly big bathroom.

Of course, i wouldn't be me, unless something went slightly wrong. I called marriott reservations and booked four different hotels acros the country, one night each, for my trip. Somehow, my reservation for this hotel, was last night?? Strange.

At least this place has a bar right in the lobby. Time for a big glass of beer!!

--Gimpy