News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

MG's

Started by ElRuso, July 22, 2014, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElRuso

First of all: Sorry for bothering!
I just wanted to know if you are allowed to place MultiGuns and/or a Sentry Gun at the exit of Enemy spawnpoint.
(Example: I'm a red engineer, and the map is well. I get into the blue's base and place a MultiGun on the hole between the sniping zone elevator and the flag place elevator.
I touch the Multigun with touchmg command, and make it a grenade launcher because there is a soldier playing on my team.
The MG points to blue spawn exit and kills them as they get from spawn)
ElRuso
(.bat file helper)

SpamDaddy!

No. You may NEVER place a gun of any type where it can kill a player as the spawn door opens. You will often see an SG in the "attic" area as it cannot target a player as they exit spawn.

The point is to allow all players to exit "safely" to engage their enemies in a fair fight. There are some exceptions to the rule where spawns are open areas and therefore targetable. But you still may not enter the spawn by going through the entry way like in Avanti or Dustbowl. You can throw nades in the doorway but you cannot enter. You CAN setup guns to hold the enemy at bay as long as possible as these are capture and hold maps.

No Entering Enemy Spawn [Going into an area in which an enemy can spawn]

http://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,12.0.html

Hope this helps.

Master

Who the hell ever said its okay to nade spawn? I can think of well over 3 dozen bans that have taken place for this, the only place spawn rules don't apply are on maps where users don't spawn in a closed room.

SpamDaddy!

If you are talking to me I was referring to Avanti and Dustbowl where everyone throws everything they've got at the main entry way- not the spawn point.

ElRuso

Thanks for the answers!
ElRuso
(.bat file helper)

Master

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on July 23, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
If you are talking to me I was referring to Avanti and Dustbowl where everyone throws everything they've got at the main entry way- not the spawn point.
are you talking about the gates? you dont spawn at the gates, theres absolutely nothing wrong with spamming the hell out of the gates, thats been dustbowl strategy since early 1999

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Master on July 26, 2014, 06:47:49 AM
Quote from: SpamDaddy! on July 23, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
are you talking about the gates? you dont spawn at the gates, theres absolutely nothing wrong with spamming the hell out of the gates, thats been dustbowl strategy since early 1999

Yes, I meant the gates/exit point