News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Gaming Mouse Question

Started by p0izon, June 10, 2014, 08:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Put the computer together and it didn't boot. Couldn't figure out why. Put my old computer back together and now that shit doesn't work. Lol. Fml.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: p0izon on August 21, 2014, 09:50:38 PM
Put the computer together and it didn't boot. Couldn't figure out why. Put my old computer back together and now that shit doesn't work. Lol. Fml.

Two words. Power Supply.  :P

p0izon

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on August 22, 2014, 12:42:52 AM
Quote from: p0izon on August 21, 2014, 09:50:38 PM

Two words. Power Supply.  :P

You think? I made a little progress on it. The PSU only had a 4-pin connector. My MB has an 8-pin , but the PSU came with a 4-pin to 8-pin adapter. I initially had that on and when I took off the adapter and only used the 4-pin connector on the 8-pin slot on my MB it actually booted, but I wasn't getting any video. Either with the on board video or my GFX card.

Could that still be the PSU?

p0izon

Good call, went to Best Buy and bought a better PSU and sure enough, the PC booted just fine.

Don't judge me =[, this was my first PC build. I'm quite satisfied though. Besides that little PSU trouble, everything else was a cinch to install. It was annoying having to figure out the best way to route wires and tie them down though. I did draw blood removing the 24-pin connector of the old PSU from my motherboard. Pulled my finger nail a tad bit off my skin. Ouch.

Rand

You need to trim those suckers, sometimes, Po!

Saleen219

Those newer larger vid cards take a lot more power too, my new ones required extra power cables hooked up to the card itself

Glad you found the issue :)