News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

windows 7

Started by ., April 17, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my pc crashed and i went from xp to windows7, but then i try to join a game a window comes up and asks to run an aplication steam client bootstrapper,....need some help......

Master

Quote from: . on April 17, 2014, 05:44:40 PM
my pc crashed and i went from xp to windows7, but then i try to join a game a window comes up and asks to run an aplication steam client bootstrapper,....need some help......
steamclientbootstrapper.exe is the application used to install any extra software/sdk programs the game needs to run, it asks for administrator privileges to run any first time setup installers, just press Yes to allow this to happen, otherwise you may run into your game crashing or not looking right

After your game starts, you may get a firewall popup saying hl.exe is blocked, unless you enjoy playing single player in TFC, you should allow access on that popup too.

what i get is a window to launch an app,....but doesnt tell me which or where..

Master

Quote from: . on April 18, 2014, 04:53:04 PM
what i get is a window to launch an app,....but doesnt tell me which or where..
take a screenshot so I know what the fuck you are talking about, because you say windows 7, but now it sounds more like windows 8, not only that but you ignored everything I previously said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGG-58qnsnk

cant seem to post picture, when i click insert image,....i get
cant copy and paste.....or drag n drop....

Master

Quote from: . on April 18, 2014, 08:58:10 PM
cant seem to post picture, when i click insert image,....i get press ctrl-v on the popular image sharing site imgur www.imgur.com
cant copy and paste.....or drag n drop....