News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Connection problem to esclan.net ...

Started by Ironhd, March 24, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Quote from: Saleen219 on March 27, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
further from deadly:

ecided to run windows network diagnostics on esclan.net problems found website (forums.esclan.net) is onlinebut isn't responding to connection attemps
[Evil]Saleen219: wonder why tho
[Evil]Saleen219: being blocked somehow
-[EVIL]- deadly: Issues found
website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.  Detected Detected
Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. Detected Detected

The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

A quick way to test if he's being blocked is to try going to the site through a proxy like http://hidemyass.com/

Rand

Yeah, that link that I posted referred to some sort of block on their webpage.  It mentioned a set up/log file.  The last post of that link has it.

Master

Quote from: p0izon on March 27, 2014, 09:39:49 PM
The reason you were able to connect to the hack detection page and the game servers is because they are different from the website's server.

If changing your mac address got you in, that means you somehow got banned/blocked from the site. Maybe some sort of DDOS protection that we wouldn't have control of.
this is the only thing I can come up with, I will talk to technical support and see what they have to say about this.

Master

QuoteIt sounds like their windows/isp glitched to cause this. And sounds like a very rare case. I would have the second user restart his/her modem and router and see if that fixes the issue.
Please have them try that and let us know if it works.

Saleen219

the hidemyass thingy worked for deadly - he can GET to the forums, but cant POST to the forums... :P

from deadly:

well the hidemyass.com thing worked i can read but cant respond anyway i have reset my router 3 times 2 with button on back and once with software in router i was also told that if i left modem unpluged for 5 or so hrs it could give me a new ip address but that didnt work. i went and called media com they said they dont block any ip's or ports ,i could go to a terriest site if i wanted .

p0izon

Quote from: Saleen219 on March 28, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
the hidemyass thingy worked for deadly - he can GET to the forums, but cant POST to the forums... :P

from deadly:

well the hidemyass.com thing worked i can read but cant respond anyway i have reset my router 3 times 2 with button on back and once with software in router i was also told that if i left modem unpluged for 5 or so hrs it could give me a new ip address but that didnt work. i went and called media com they said they dont block any ip's or ports ,i could go to a terriest site if i wanted .

The hidemyass site was only to test that he was indeed being blocked. He won't be able to post successfully unless the service he's using supports cookies. Which I believe the basic hidemyass web proxy doesn't.

Honestly in order to fix it ASAP is to do exactly what Rand did and change the mac address of your modem/router so that he is issued a new IP. Otherwise you'd have to wait it out and see what nfoservers can come up with. I don't however think they are correct in saying it's a "very rare case" if it has happened to two of our members within the same week.

This might be useful: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-92145-one-certain-site-will-not-load-help

Master

I have relayed the info to NFO, I need a traceroute from deadly to esclan.net

winkey + r -> cmd -> tracert esclan.net

Saleen219

i relayed that info to deadly, but if you see on page one of this thread i believe he (thru me) posted the tracer already?

Master

Quote from: Saleen219 on March 28, 2014, 01:33:40 PM
i relayed that info to deadly, but if you see on page one of this thread i believe he (thru me) posted the tracer already?

my mistake, you are right. I have relayed the necessary info to NFO, I don't know what else he can try as our hidden domain is not set up for outside access to the main website and is only used for remote administration, so he would not be able to log into the site from there. I think the only thing left to do is have his ISP see that its not connecting and knowing that we are not blocking it..

Saleen219

ok i have related that info to deadly.

Master

QuoteHis tracroute does go through Internap. Specifically "pnap.net". Since all of our website users share a single IP the end isn't going to say any specific site, just our name and the machine it's assigned to.

As mentioned above, did the user do a modem reboot and bypass his router if possible?

Saleen219

he did bypass his router and connected straight to his modem yes. no help there. he will try another router when he can find it :P

deadly

after a long discussion with tech support I finally convinced them it was my modem, as they cannot give new ip or mac address without it. I was able to make it to there local office 5 min b4 they closed for the weekend. got it set up and I'm am back to normal.  thanks for everyone's help on trying to get this working.

Saleen219

Rand

Okay, I just had the same trouble again.  When I do the IE network diagnosis like dealy/Sal posted, I get the same thing about port 80 not available.

I could not get back in a few minutes ago, after being able to see the forums briefly.  I just reset my router MAC address by one digit again, rebooted everything, and got back my old (old) IP address from Comcast.  Since I am posting here, it is working for now.

Again, I can see every other website that I try when esclan.net isn't coming up.  I am no techie, but I do not understand it.