News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

More NEOtf bs

Started by SpamDaddy!, February 07, 2014, 11:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosby

concing and bhopping in tfc WAS known it would be included since tfc is a port of qtf. Hell, even the hl1 engine is a heavily modified quake engine.

Rand

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on March 09, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

usually end up just playing admin at that point which apparently is frowned upon as well as I was told to worry less about others and worry about myself as I admin too much.

I don't know...maybe it's time to find another game to play.

Who told you that?

Bishop

Okay, time for my bhop rant...

This is exactly why good players don't play on drippy's and and players who play on drippy's aren't good.  You can't you learn new skills and improve when the server dumbs the game down and removes the aspects of the game that differentiates the good from the mediocre (although it isn't much different than autobhop which imitates skill and should be removed).  Its true Bhop is in exploit, but so is rocket jumping and concing.  Valve could have removed these if they were believed to be negative, instead they were tweaked to provide improved balance and gameplay.  These give the game depth and make the game interesting and fun for the vets as well as the noobs.  Not many games are still be played after 16 years, so going in and dorking with the physics because you are too lazy to learn is just pathetic.  I have taught countless players to bhop; and they all enjoy the game more after they learn.  It amazes me that the same players complaining about bhop have spent literally thousands of hours on 2fort and haven't taken a miniscule faction of that time to develop a skill that would make them significantly better.  If people just spent half as much time learning instead of bitching, they would actually improve and have more fun.

If you want learn to bhop, message me; I'm glad to help.

crosby

ya but how do you really feel?

jk

wellsaid

Rand

I don't have a problem with bhop being in TFC, or players using scripts inside the game to help them do it.  I dislike the trimping plugin, and the old bhop.dll. As I have said before, I think that the trimping plugin further unevens the playing field.  Seeing players warping around, crouching through the air and trying to hit them is as bad as bad latency players warping around, imo.  And the trimp jump up to sniper deck is BS.  Are injected .dll's still possible for Steam_ID players?

Personally, I learned strafe jumping way back when after reading Ghob's description, never graduated to true bhop, and have never had the inclination to try.  I don't see myself scrolling the mousewheel continuously to get a jump script going. Maybe a jump script tied to my jump key?  I dunno.

Swede

I cant trimp
I cant bhop
I have bad latency

Still I frag trimpers, bhoppers and low latencys and of course get fragged by them, but most important I have a lot of fun playing the game and try to adapt to the gaming enviroment on the server I connect to.

Saleen219

bhoppin, trimpin scouts are too f&^(ing fast lol :P

crosby

Quote from: Swede on March 17, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
I cant trimp
I cant bhop
I have bad latency

Still I frag trimpers, bhoppers and low latencys and of course get fragged by them, but most important I have a lot of fun playing the game and try to adapt to the gaming enviroment on the server I connect to.