News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Being banned for telling an admin i was being spawn camped. as many others did.

Started by pin, May 24, 2016, 11:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pin

Dear Member of the HC, LC and ofc anyone who would like to give their opinion.

Yesterday I was extremely annoyed. I was annoyed because me and a few others were being spawn camped just outside sniper respawn (not main) purposely by a sol who would enter, throw nades in and exit again. Me and a couple others hit up an admin about this, (Q) we were moaning because this was annoying as a sniper,  so he then replied with a "I am playing and dont want to babysit" as he warned him 2 times previous the player still kept doing it, so then i spoke up and said are you not going to kick him as he was camping us, he didn't do it for a while, to what i can remember i started arguing with him because i was sick of dying to him spawn-camping. Then i was amx_slapped so then i asked why he slapped me (after he finally kicked the player) he just said "i'm not your personal admin" i said i know you are not but when several people are telling you they are being spawn camped i expect you to do somthing about is so then i cannot quite remember what was said but then i got banned for arguing with him because he was rude by slapping me. He banned me for 30 mins. I said after i came back from the kick "You should not be admin if you're not going to do somthing if somebody is camping respawn" So then as i knew he probably would ban me for this but i felt i needed to be said. All i wanted and others was him to be kicked but it was all made awkward through the fact. Q was on his team so it essentially wasn't affecting him so he didn't need to do anything. I hope somthing is done about this or an admin speaks to me and q about it. I would also like this ban to be removed from my "record"

Feel free to post any opinions of this ban
sincerely Lime

Medium-Q-

To be clear you weren't banned for reporting spawn abuse that was fine. You were banned for 30 minutes for harassing me, and telling me i shouldn't be an admin if I'm not going to take action quick enough for your liking.

Also, my comment about trying to play the game was more in line with not seeing all your messages about the constant spawn camping. Also, telling me to log on to steam chat so you can message me there about it as well was why i said I'm not your personal admin.

Gimpy

Lime,

I have removed your poll, as you cannot ask around if people agree with you being banned or not. It does not matter if people agree, as it happened. It was only 30 minutes, and it was over quickly.

You were correct to report that someone was breaking the rules. When I said you could record a demo of this and report it, it was NOT to report an admin who wasn't actioning your request. It was to deal with the rule breaker.

Ways to report rule breaking asshats:
!g will send a broadcast message to all servers. Ask for an admin, and tell them why
!report will send a message to all admins who are online on Steam
Message one of us
Record a demo and post it in the Complaint Department. Be sure to grab the SteamID / IP of the person in question

You do not get to question admins. We have given them these powers out of the trust to use them appropriately. I read every single log that admins post, and I will question them if I do not understand, or if I feel something was not handled properly.

The only thing I said to Q on your recent 30 minute ban, was that he forgot to search our forums by SteamID, to add the extremely short ban to your ever growing list of issues.

The admin logs are never to be altered. We record things for a reason. The spawn camper was dealt with, whether you agree with it or not, does not matter, as he too has a record under our logs.

No matter what the circumstances are, arguing with our admins will get you removed. When you have issues with Low Council members, bring it up to the High Council. But in this case, I stand behind Q. He handled it, and you didn't agree. It does not give you the right to question how he handled someone else.

pin

So you feel it was appropriate to ban me and not just bring it up to me on steam, you also feel it was okay to "disrespect" me by slapping me? And as you say "Ever growing list of issues" I'm pretty sure ive only had issues with "Q" and ive been banned 2 times (from q Only) and he should have handled it as soon as it was said. The only reason i was banned this time is because i said to "q" that, if he does not like banning-kicking people, Then DONT be an admin then, if he just wants to "Play the game" Freekin joke.

Lime

Gimpy

As much as you feel you are correct here, you are not.

When I say "ever growing list" I mean the admin logs we have. Which currently has 41 replies and 153 views. It is the second biggest thread since January 2016, when we cleansed the ban list.

Q is an admin, because when he submitted his application, we agreed that he should have the powers and responsibilities associated with that. In fact, Q is one of only two admins to be granted admin powers without having 90 days of clan membership in my two years here. There is also a reason for that.

pin

We all still understand that the reason i was first banned that that was a misunderstanding? and the fact i didn't understand why i was removed from the clan just for being away for a little bit?
And you are still having a beef over that?

Gimpy

I agree with you on this one. Your initial ban was a misunderstanding. The way you handled it was not. It seems to be the case every time you disagree with someone.

pin

Medium-Q-

The activity on the thread has no bearing what so ever to how you handle your self when you get in trouble for poor behavior. You were warned, slapped, kicked, and then banned because you continued to push the issue. The ban was 30 minutes. the appropriate response would have been to use the 30 minutes to cool off, and get collected, and apologize for you behavior and drop it. instead of doing that, just like in the previous case, you have to fight tooth and nail to prove that you were some how wronged, and your behavior had nothing to do with this wrong doing against you.

So this is why you have such a long thread going. Because you don't know when to stop. The actual 30 minute banning isn't a big deal. I get it you were worked up, the reason it was only 30 minutes is because i get you were worked up, and just needed you to step away so you didn't continue to dig the hole deeper.

Some wise words to live by, you can be right, or you can be happy. The harder you fight to prove you're right (when you're not btw) the less happy you're going to be. The sooner you just let it go, and stop holding on to your 'pride' or the fact you were 'embarrassed' the faster issues can be resolved and everyone can move on. You were doing SO GOOD for such a long time after the first incident finally got resolved. But you fail to see that this behavior, is the exact same behavior that got you in trouble the first time. You can't see the forest for the tree's. You're so focused on little petty issues, that no one cares about but you. You need to understand that it's more important how you handle your self after getting in trouble, then what you initially got in trouble over.

I wanted you to have an opportunity to have this addressed in the proper forum so that others besides me could weigh in on the issue and have a record you could see. If I was in the wrong, I'm more then happy to be corrected. I'm not trying to 'abuse' my admin powers. I actually hate banning people. And only do it when other things don't seem to get the point across. If it turns out the HC's or Master believes I'm abusing my power as an admin, I'm willing to take that criticism and put it good use. However, until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to continue to use my best judgement when taking actions against players, including you if your behavior requires action to be taken.

The best outcome here is if you understand you were banned directly for your behavior, and not indirectly for someone else behavior, or because you think i have it out for you. Once you understand that, and accept that you got a 30 minute time out for it, everyone can move on and put this behind us.

Paz

Let me add something,

I didn't realize that Lime was in fact pin until yesterday, and I have to say, I am highly disappointed in how you handled this Lime.  All complaints against anyone, to include admins, should be handled through the complaint forum.

Additionally,
If I am in the server playing the game, and someone feels the need to constantly worry me about rule breakers, I will just refer them to utilize the report system, unless I observe it for myself.  Trust and believe, that when I am actually playing the game, I am doing so to enjoy it, not deal with pesky players. 

After reviewing the conversation between you and Q, i'd say you have a very poor attitude, and if I was Q, I would have perm'd you.  Just saying.

With that being said, I quote you this rule:

[Private Property]      These servers are private property, it is a privilege to play here, not a right.
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

xheon

Quote from: Medium-Q- on May 24, 2016, 02:21:06 PM
The activity on the thread has no bearing what so ever to how you handle your self when you get in trouble for poor behavior. You were warned, slapped, kicked, and then banned because you continued to push the issue. The ban was 30 minutes. the appropriate response would have been to use the 30 minutes to cool off, and get collected, and apologize for you behavior and drop it. instead of doing that, just like in the previous case, you have to fight tooth and nail to prove that you were some how wronged, and your behavior had nothing to do with this wrong doing against you.

So this is why you have such a long thread going. Because you don't know when to stop. The actual 30 minute banning isn't a big deal. I get it you were worked up, the reason it was only 30 minutes is because i get you were worked up, and just needed you to step away so you didn't continue to dig the hole deeper.

Some wise words to live by, you can be right, or you can be happy. The harder you fight to prove you're right (when you're not btw) the less happy you're going to be. The sooner you just let it go, and stop holding on to your 'pride' or the fact you were 'embarrassed' the faster issues can be resolved and everyone can move on. You were doing SO GOOD for such a long time after the first incident finally got resolved. But you fail to see that this behavior, is the exact same behavior that got you in trouble the first time. You can't see the forest for the tree's. You're so focused on little petty issues, that no one cares about but you. You need to understand that it's more important how you handle your self after getting in trouble, then what you initially got in trouble over.

I wanted you to have an opportunity to have this addressed in the proper forum so that others besides me could weigh in on the issue and have a record you could see. If I was in the wrong, I'm more then happy to be corrected. I'm not trying to 'abuse' my admin powers. I actually hate banning people. And only do it when other things don't seem to get the point across. If it turns out the HC's or Master believes I'm abusing my power as an admin, I'm willing to take that criticism and put it good use. However, until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to continue to use my best judgement when taking actions against players, including you if your behavior requires action to be taken.

The best outcome here is if you understand you were banned directly for your behavior, and not indirectly for someone else behavior, or because you think i have it out for you. Once you understand that, and accept that you got a 30 minute time out for it, everyone can move on and put this behind us.

Greatest speech ever Q  :wideeyed:

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Quote from: xheon on May 25, 2016, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: Medium-Q- on May 24, 2016, 02:21:06 PM

Greatest speech ever Q  :wideeyed:

Wowow