Come on

Cirno

Quote from: MasterVampire on January 24, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
2 Demoman limit?
Seriously?
That's a bit ridiculous for Demoman.

HWguy sure but Demoman?

Come on

How is HW limit fine if Demo limit isn't fine? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

MasterVampire

Cirno

Quote from: MasterVampire on January 25, 2016, 04:36:16 AM
Because a demoman limit is stupid.

"It's stupid" isn't a very good argument for why it's not okay... At least say why you think the demo limit should be removed, but not the HW limit.

MasterVampire

Well its just the demoman!

HWguy has 300 armor and a minigun, Engineer can make SGguns etc... so from those you can see the need to use restrictions (although I think dustbowl could use more then 2 engineers) but not a demoman. Whats next, soldier restrictions?

Gimpy

Guts

Demo is a spam heavy class, and on a server where we have customized grenade bags.....I'd say 2 is a good limit.

p0izon

Nothing wrong with the limit. Mirvs get out of control on BZ.

People tend to base their opinions on standard tfc settings and don't factor in the customizations a server has.

Cirno

Quote from: MasterVampire on January 25, 2016, 04:06:03 PM

HWguy has 300 armor and a minigun, Engineer can make SGguns etc... so from those you can see the need to use restrictions (although I think dustbowl could use more then 2 engineers) but not a demoman. Whats next, soldier restrictions?

You look at the HW and Engi kit, but then completely ignore the Demo kit? Demo has a pipe AND grenade launcher on top of MIRVS as the others in this thread have said, making him the best area denial class + spammiest class when you look at the maps commonly played on BZ. All it takes is one play of Dustbowl or 2fort to see why more asking for more Demos is a terrible idea.

As for the Engi increase on DB, what makes you think they need more? That map is already extremely defense sided, more engis on top of 2 HWs and the increased demo limit that you want would basically mean next to no one will leave spawn. Hell, that map barely gets capped out unless attackers have a good jumper that can get the flag at the start which is pretty damn rare.

Nuggs

Quote from: Cirno on January 26, 2016, 04:54:58 AM
Quote from: MasterVampire on January 25, 2016, 04:06:03 PM

You look at the HW and Engi kit, but then completely ignore the Demo kit? Demo has a pipe AND grenade launcher on top of MIRVS as the others in this thread have said, making him the best area denial class + spammiest class when you look at the maps commonly played on BZ. All it takes is one play of Dustbowl or 2fort to see why more asking for more Demos is a terrible idea.

As for the Engi increase on DB, what makes you think they need more? That map is already extremely defense sided, more engis on top of 2 HWs and the increased demo limit that you want would basically mean next to no one will leave spawn. Hell, that map barely gets capped out unless attackers have a good jumper that can get the flag at the start which is pretty damn rare.

Not to mention that defense spawns will full armor on BZ as opposed to half armor on vanilla TFC, giving the D even more of an advantage.

I personally feel that the class limits are fine. My only suggestion would be, if possible, make the limits dynamic, so if its 14v14 allow 3 demo and 3 engineers. Also allow demoman on xpress2k4, never understood why it was removed from that map

Master

Quote from: Nuggs on January 26, 2016, 12:46:14 PM
Not to mention that defense spawns will full armor on BZ as opposed to half armor on vanilla TFC, giving the D even more of an advantage.

I personally feel that the class limits are fine. My only suggestion would be, if possible, make the limits dynamic, so if its 14v14 allow 3 demo and 3 engineers. Also allow demoman on xpress2k4, never understood why it was removed from that map
It has been discussed to make dynamic class limits, but with other problems, it has been shelved, we will eventually have dynamic class limits on battlezone, but it could take a while.

I was unaware of demoman being restricted on xpress, can someone please inform me why/when/how this change happened?
demoman was disabled on xpress2k4 due to IDIOTS choosing to abuse the class to spam mirvs/pipes/nades to knock everyone off the map, all in all a very fair move.

SpamDaddy!

If an asshat is abusing the class kick hijm or ban him. Sometimes Demo is the only way to stop the speed freaks. You cant even build an SG and upgrade it before these superfast players are back in your base. Just a thought...

klumy

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on January 26, 2016, 04:14:30 PM
If an asshat is abusing the class kick hijm or ban him. Sometimes Demo is the only way to stop the speed freaks. You cant even build an SG and upgrade it before these superfast players are back in your base. Just a thought...

sanitariums

if a player is that fast a fully upgraded sg isn't really going to do too much to so said player