News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

dont like the new update/upgrade/whatever

Started by Saleen219, August 12, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saleen219

try to uncheck the enable HD models selection to fix that stupid sound issue

deadly

this update has not deleted everyone's configuration. go: steam > steamapps > your log file > team fortress classic > tfc

take that tfc folder and copy and past it to : file up 2 times to the common folder > team fortress classic and past it there to merge the 2 tfc folders  this should bring back all's configs

crosby

They didn't update tfc per se; they updated Half Life to run on linux and Mac. It was just unfortunate that TFC uses all of Half Lifes files. If anyone needs any pre update files let me know

Master

crosby

Master

what you said was sort of off-topic from the discussion, and the files are available elsewhere, if you contributed to the discussion, I probably wouldn't have called you out on it, plus the 'old' files wont change anything, the problem is with the new engine dll, and you cant really replace that with an older version..

Quote from: Saleen219 on August 12, 2013, 02:50:26 PM
for one thing it totally screwed up my res. took me a while to fix it. some sounds, like when you run over ammo packs suck now. so far thats all i have. i didnt want to stick around

yes the ammo packs sound like an old typewriter beating on a trash can lid, also mouse miss fires alot,...any fixes for that?

Saleen219

to fix the stupid new ammo pack sounds, try to uncheck the enable HD models selection to fix that. This is what i did to fix that particular issue. I also noticed the grenade look a little stupid with the 'fix' so unchecking the enable HD models fixed the new look of the grenade and ammo pack sound

Master

Quote from: . on August 22, 2013, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Saleen219 on August 12, 2013, 02:50:26 PM
for one thing it totally screwed up my res. took me a while to fix it. some sounds, like when you run over ammo packs suck now. so far thats all i have. i didnt want to stick around

yes the ammo packs sound like an old typewriter beating on a trash can lid, also mouse miss fires alot,...any fixes for that?
Disable hd models, its already been said.

Is you guys mouse missfiring also after the update?

Saleen219

I havent noticed anything like that personally

pig

I saved a backup of my old tfc files, like sprites and crosshairs before the update wiped tem out.

However i canot get the new TFC game to load the old files. How do i do it, anyone know?

EDIT: i just forgot to copy some files, simple mistake. 9/13/2013

Bishop