News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

No rhyme or reason?

Started by SpamDaddy!, July 16, 2013, 10:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

Incident occurred at approx 10:30 a.m. CST

The player whose name is a smiley face  -__- was camping spawn - poisoning and nading as soon as I got in game. It continued so I asked him Why he always has to play like a b***h. Immediate;y after that someone changes my name to "why do you always play". Crosb says wow admin abuse and gets kicked, I change my name back to Spam and the camping continued. So I said How about checking out the spy and medic camping spawn instead of changing names and I got kicked. I logged back in as Crosb had done and he said something and he was gagged. I then logged off to come here.

I donate to these servers because they are the last bastion of fun.fairness for a game I love. If this is how Master wants things run tell me now and I will hush. If not well then I have posted for all to see. The logs will verify what I said. Yes I made an assholey comment but ANYtime the Admins are away soemone is shredding the rules. This time an admin was on invisible and still nothing was being done. I can list the repeat offenders and so can xheon or crosb or any upstanding player.

Anyhoo.....

crosby

We all know -__- is flash gordon. It's a shame you are treating your veterans like this. If you want to cripple the TFC community just delete the servers. This whole "we dont care" attitude is really becoming vexatious.

Master

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want the best, most fun, cleanest servers possible, this definitely is not something we wants, and as such I have removed this user as an admin. If there are any other problems you run into on our servers please feel free to mention them.

Thank you for your report.

WTR

Wow - so regulars get together and bitch, kiss a little ass to the clan leader and get an admin removed from the boxes without hearing both sides of the story?

-Yes spamdaddy got kicked for calling me a bitch - and I was not camping respawn  but this was said by him out of frustration for getting infected so your right I kicked him - that part is correct. I renamed him "why you playing like a bitch after also"

-Shortly after that crosby kept saying "admin abuse", "admin abuse" so i kicked and gagged him for 1 hour.

-Just because your a veteran and a regular doesn't give you a right to disrespect admins or falsely accuse them of bullshit. I've been and admin on the boxes for quite sometime now and usually let things go or give people warnings but bullshit gets old. It's too bad for you regulars because I am one of the more nicer admins - I'd like you to call master or saleen bitches and see what would happen.

later,

Walker

SpamDaddy!

Out of respect for Master and appreciation for his efforts this will by my last post on this topic. You sir, -__- have been on COUNTLESS times when I have asked/complained about server rule abuse and I never knew you were an admin. You were on the evening Icomplained about The Carver and ichedontthinkso and you even LOLed with them. You might have towed the line when the owners and senior admins were on but you never did them justice when they weren't.

Your behavior this morning as an admin of this clan was obscene and yet you deny what all clearly saw Camping the in door to my spawn and waiting for someone to go out the OUT door is still camping.

Again, Master, thank you and on my end I will try and keep my comments positive not negative in game.

Spam

P.s. I didnt call you a bitch I asked why you were playing like one. Now I know why.

Master

We set up a whole forum for this sort of stuff... and you haven't used it once.. and clearly you have been using your powers without reporting it.. so you get to lose all your powers.. it's not sucking up, its just showing that an admin is using powers without documenting it, we don't need that.

crosby

Ok I might have been wrong to guess who -__- was and I apologize. Master you did the right thing... WTR gfy. You werent following rules, got caught, and tried to squash it with admin. That's called admin abuse.

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Spamdaddy, are you extreamly certain you are talking about  -__-  spawn camping??? Perhaps it was someone else impersonating the -__- name instead of an admin.

Saleen219

even in spec mode when there are countless players running across my screen, i have problems figuring out who im actually looking at. you get 2-3 medics (or whatever class, but the same class) running around the room you are watching and it can get damn confusing as to which im looking at. unless of course the one person of interest is not moving.

Crosby, you said about the admin in question: "You werent following rules, got caught, and tried to squash it with admin. That's called admin abuse" - you the player have rules to follow too. If YOU get caught by an admin, the admin will act accordingly. Ever hear of player abuse? Become an admin and you get a full plate of it every day.

Im putting it out there now - and this is not a threat: any player who screams admin abuse from what i did to them after i caught them breaking the rules or disrespecting me (as an admin) better have a video of it to prove the abuse. I dont care what player it is - i catch them breaking established Evil rules, i will do my job as an admin. if that means kicking, or gagging, or slaying, or banning - temp or perm, or combination there of.

We try to enforce the rules and we get dumped on by that player and their friends. thats player abuse. so yes, i may also act accordingly towards those players as well, with a kick, gag or even a temp ban - depending on how they reacted towards me after I kicked/banned their friend(s).

if that makes me a bitch, then a bitch i am. but im doing my job as admin.

(i'll get bitched at if i DONT do anything so you cant really win in some situations)

Saleen

WTR

That's right I don't login and document every single action I execute as an admin. If you ever play for more than a little while in one day you will lose count of how many idiots, mic spammers, spawn spammers you gag, kick/slay in one day.  There is usually more than one admin also and I'm not going to go in a log duplicate post (but I do read through some of them to see who is not behaving.)

I enjoy playing the game also as I have played it probably since it was back on the won. network. The only real action I would log would be a ban for hacking/exploiting but usually a kick or gag tends to straighten most out.

It's all good though no worries as I know Master is doing what he feels is best for the direction of the clan boxes.

Next clan meeting ask all your admins how many of them login and document every admin action they perform...

WTR

crosby

Saleen,  I agree with what you consider player abuse, however; there wasn't any player abuse that happened. He broke the rules by spawn camping and when Spamdaddy called him out on it... he was kicked and name changed repeatedly. I mention that it is admin abuse and get kicked twice and gagged. It seems weird that I was gagged about 5 mins after being kicked and not mentioning admin abuse again. It also seems you agree with how I defined admin abuse so why mention player abuse?

"you the player have rules to follow too"
Everyone agrees with that and that's why no rules were broken by players.

As Master mentioned, there are admin rules to as to using their admin powers in server. WTR broke those rules by not documenting anything so just like half the people that get banned, he has to be reprimanded.

Saleen219

i do either of the following, spec a certain area outside of respawn as this is a know problem area (people nading/camping/entering enemy respawn), or spec the player himself. if i come in and someone mentiones player A was doing something wrong then i will spec that person, but if i hear some players doing things such as entering/nading/camping respawn i may also just watch him from outside the room to see from that point of view.

depending on my mood and the situation, depends how i spec - an dno Rand, you are not coming off as an asshole.

GODFATHER_SOUR

I understand when an Admin is misbehaving, you should report it.  However, Most of the complaints I get is that we, the admins, handle the offending players in a manner that they do not approve of.  I really dislike when an average player tells me I am abusing my admin powers by disciplining an offending player, just because he is a friend of another admin, or a friend of theirs.  They often say they are friends with someone, such as a moderator or even Master.  I personally do not care about any of that.  If you offend, break the rules, you will be dealt with.  I am here to do a job, and hopefully have a little bit of fun too. 
What frustrates me to no end is when I see something, and I end up giving out a kick or ban, mostly temp, is when an average player bitches about it, saying I am abusing my powers.  Then the proceed to tell me that we shouldn't ban or kick because the game is dying.  If that is the case, I would say that they need to find another non bot server that actually cares enough to try to keep things fair and civil.  Good luck with that.
I have absolutely no problem banning an idiot for hacking, camping spawn exits, or even giving attitude to us admins. 
My advice:  Play fair, and let us admins do our jobs.     
Being an admin is similar to being a babysitter, but without having to change the diapers!

Swede

As I said before, to be friends with a senior of the clan doesnt give u any protection if u or ur friend break the rules. And it´s allways the present admin/admins that judge what to be done in a situation of rulebreakning or misbehaving.

Saleen219

also, if an admin does ban you, we will stand behind that admin. so dont come complaining to us if some other admin banned you because we will not remove it