News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Ditto Wrongful Banning...

Started by Ironhd, July 09, 2013, 06:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhd

I'm still trying to figure out what happened. Apparently CoCo banned me also. I was kicked while in my spiral defending my flag. I assumed then that it was just a mistaken identity and logged back in. I asked WTF? as I didn't know who the admin was. I didn't get a response so I just forgot about it. A short time later I was in the enemy fort at the top of the water spiral defending my flag that a scout had dropped and I saw some message about camping spawn and I got banned.  I definately was not camping spawn and never do. I have played on this server for MANY years and always try to play within the rules. I know there are some top admins that will vouch for me, I hope that's not necessary. I still think maybe it was mistaken identity,and as such, please remove my ban... Thank you,
   <tC>Ironhd

|Asuka|

As a regular I can vouch for Ironhd. Long time player who I have never seen cause problems. This is deja vu of what happened to me. My only theory is that if there was a warning, it was typed with the wrong syntax into the console by CocoPuff, which means Ironhd never received it. What command are you using to deliver the warnings CocoPuff? If you need the proper syntax i'd be happy to help.

-|Asuka|

Ironhd

OK. I just saw the ban list and the "reason" I was banned. It says you warned me to stop throwing emp's in spawn. The problem with that is I was a demo as usual not an engineer. I don't know who you were seeing but it wasn't me, and please take me off the ban list. I usually spend more time enforcing the rules nowadays instead of pushing them. I play with Rand,Hellraiser, and Swede almost every morning and they can vouch for how I play I'm pretty sure. droppin' science can also. I've been around for a long time and plan on staying alot longer.

Master

looking through your gameplay history you were not an engineer around the time this occurred, I have removed your ban.

Ironhd

TY Master!! Whew, what a relief! I too appreciate the EVIL servers and all the people I've gotten to "know" on them. I missed you guys.
Thanks again Master.

Oh. Hiya Rand!!

Saleen219

Rand: I am purely speaking for myself here, keep that in mind when you read the rest.

I dont watch certain classes. If I hear or see something happen I will go to spec and watch the offending area, or spec the particular person. doesnt matter the class.

If i hear someone is piping enemy respawn, im going to watch that person, or that area while in spec and act accordingly.

if its a certain person, i will spec him to watch.

I dont go and spec a certain player simply due to problems in the past but i will keep my eye on him.

I dont go after people unless its cus i tried to ban him in the past and missed him, sure then i will hunt that player down.

I(we) try to enforce the rules so all can have fun.

Saleen

Swede

Saleen, u couldnĀ“t have said it better.  ;)
I agree.  :)

Saleen219

if i accidently ban the wrong person, and realize it, I will unban that person immediately. and i will, and have, apologize to that player immediately on the next time i see that player. as you say, confusion can happen.

I *try* to be a fair admin. but sometimes a player just sends you over the edge.

anyway - have fun on Evil servers, come back often. report any issues and we can try to fix those problems.

Saleen