News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

A sad goobye

Started by bill-eee, June 05, 2013, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-eee

Hi Guys,
regrettably I have now stopped playing in the EVIL servers.
It has been a long time since I first started playing in your servers. I've had a lot of fun and can only thank you all for keeping TF alive and introducing me to NeoTF – I'm a tf classic old timer you see... that hook thingy is crazy! Also thanking all of you and the admins for your patience when I occasionally drink & play and end up ranting for a while. :) Otherwise I've never had any problems with admins or other players and always do my best to keep a fair play.

Sadly it all changed recently and it didn't take much.
I'm going to do a quick chronology of the ~10 seconds I last played in the server before I was kicked:

00:00 – joined server battlezone-x, map: 2fort
00:02 – automatically assigned to red team, picked class: sniper
00:04 – spawned in main resupply area (the one with the 2 doors that gets blocked easily)
00:06 – I hear a lot going on just outside spawn. I get my armour.
00:07 – I let others exit spawn and charge my sniper rifle as I am exiting so that I can observe what all the commotion was and be ready to fire as I thought enemies could be around. It's the first time I exit spawn so no idea what the game is like at this point.
00:08 – As soon as the door opens I see several team mates outside. I fire the rifle so that I can run faster to battlements to do my sniper business.
00:10 – Kicked from the server by master. No reason, no warning.

Later I find out masters reasons are that I am deliberately causing respawn camping, encouraging other players to break the rules, and blocking my team mates. Also that I am an "asshat", whatever that is! I found this to be a bit harsh and disproportionate and argued that I couldn't possibly be doing anything on purpose as I hadn't had the time to understand and assess the game (I was kicked within less than 3 seconds of leaving spawn for the first time!).

My 1.5 seconds of allegedly blocking the door actually had the best of intentions: to see what all the commotion was, and to kill any possible enemies outside spawn. As I soon realised there weren't any I rushed to battlements. I understand that this isn't ideal behaviour – you know, to load the sniper rifle just as I exit spawn – but in this occasion I couldn't possibly be doing anything on purpose to cause respawn camping, blocking, etc. as it only happened once, for 1.5 seconds, and I had no time to realise what was going on outside (first time I peaked outside spawn in the whole game!). Almost all (if not all) my team mates were outside anyway and I'm sure my single 1.5-second terrible mistake was harmless. Believe me if I had noticed that spawn camping was happening I wouldn't have done it... but we need a few seconds outside spawn to see what the game is like first.

But apparently I have to suck up to master and agree that I'm in the wrong and that I was doing all of the above ON PURPOSE, when I wasn't. He won't accept any of my reasons or arguments and misinterprets what I'm saying. I can understand he must have been infuriated at other players for causing spawn camping but I don't think I should be blamed for it in this occasion, and kicking someone who literally just joined the game without any warnings, isn't right. Afterwards, I did say apologies for my slow spawn exit (of 1.5 seconds!) but because I dared voicing my discontent the almighty master decided to permanent ban me (reason: Masters word is law). I kid you not! Sadly this negative, ill-tempered and disproportionate behaviour seems to be on the increase and it puts me off playing in the servers.  :(

Anyway, as I'm sure next time I sneeze I will be kicked and called an "asshat", I won't be coming back to the servers. With such a little community left still playing TF I reckon admins should be a little more reasonable particularly because it's not difficult to know who's who and spot the real trouble makers, but hey, what do I know, right?! My terrible skills and pitiful British humour probably won't be missed and I'm sure no one really cares anyway! lol But in all fairness, let me say it was good fun playing in your servers all these years, thank you for all the memorable moments  :), for a chance to practice my rusty Spanish, and I'm sorry for not having invested more time/donations/etc. as only recently I've had more time to play!

I hope my eloquent discourse hasn't made you all cry, or sleep! :)

Cheerio!

Master

You don't have to suck up, you just have to stop being so rude and negative. and after reading this all I have to say is good riddance, don't snipe inside spawn, that's what the sniper deck is for. :)

-samurai-

SpamDaddy!

I'll miss you bill-e. I always knew you could be joked around with and smacked talk and fun....

Master, I have to say this morning I sniped from spawn myself because Monkey and ichedontthinkso wouldn't stop spamming spawn.

Kenny explained that there is NO excuse for spamming spawn and that is why I complain or alert and admin. But when no one is on or if you are getting overwhelmed sometimes you act without thinking. That doesn't make us bad guys that should be kicked just remind us you ARE there for that reason. I have played with bill-e along time over lots of servers and he has always been a good guy...just hope you guys could see eye to eye =/

EVIL is the best servers around and I am glad to contribute what bit I do to helping them stay running and do not care about getting anything in return except equality in the rules. I will say as an Admin life can be a real SOB with the whiners and asshats so eventually you just get whittled down, if that's the case, I understand and will start pitching in to your vacation fund =D

EVIL servers 4 ever,
Spammy

-samurai-

Ey, i was playing TFC this morning, and i saw u and monkey on BZ, when i was climbing on Fun/Adv, why u never cheak if there is admin online ? ( /admin ) or perhaps just call for an admin i global chat ( !g ) ? :(

SpamDaddy!

Embarrassingly, I thot the command was !a =D that is what I have always done..so I will not make that mistake again!!!

/admin to check or !g to alert

Thanks Sam!

Master

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on June 06, 2013, 11:20:33 AM
Embarrassingly, I thot the command was !a =D that is what I have always done..so I will not make that mistake again!!!

/admin to check or !g to alert

Thanks Sam!

!g is a message to all !a is to admins only

bill-e you were banned for being rude, and its continuing by the way you are saying I said you did this intentionally, I never said this or thought this, I know you never meant to do this, this is why I only kicked, typically I go straight to a ban, which I didnt have to do until you came here with your negativity. There should be absolutely no reason for someone to be charging their sniper rifle from the very narrow spawn doors, just as there should be nobody waiting outside spawn, if either of these things are happening, THEY SHOULD BE REPORTED TO AN ADMIN, NOT DEALTH WITH ON YOUR OWN TERMS This is why everyone is getting banned, stop trying to fix things temporarily, the admins are here for a reason, once a spawn camper always a spawn camper, what's going to happen when you kill him? he ends up in his respawn, and works his way to enemy base and starts all over again. I am making sure that I *CAN* ban them because some retard wasn't sitting inside spawn waiting to shoot them, if that happens, there is nothing I can do about it because FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, IT LOOKS LIKE THIS WHOLE SCENARIO IS TO BE EXPECTED, SNIPER IS SNIPING FROM INSIDE SPAWN, SO THE ENEMY IS TRYING TO CLEAR HIM OUT SO HE CAN GO FROM BATTLEMENTS TO FLAGROOM

Stop trying to be the admin you can't be, save it for the ones who do have power. Every time you take things into your own hands you are making it that much harder on the admins who have to take care of the problems you are helping to cause.

-samurai-

GODFATHER_SOUR

All I can say is you will be missed.... NOT!  Have a nice life.
Being an admin is similar to being a babysitter, but without having to change the diapers!

xheon

We will miss you babyyy!!!!

pig

Quote from: billeSadly it all changed recently and it didn't take much.
I'm going to do a quick chronology of the ~10 seconds I last played in the server before I was kicked:
Gah, i tried to get in contact with you to try to talk you into apologizing. But i could never find you online. It is always sad to see a fellow player leave.

I dont know what happened between you and the other players at the time of your banning but i suggest you just go ahead and apologize for what you did. Even if you feel like there was nothing that you did wrong, a little "sorry" here and there will never hurt.

Unfortunately, as with all of life, there are going to be times when you do not have any power whatsoever. Your situation quickly turned sour over the shoutbox. Mouthing off to an authority will only get you into deeper trouble. Try talking back to a cop, and the results won't be pretty. For the most part of this post, it seems you are pretty sincere in what you say, but there are certain instances in which i do sense just a little bit of sarcasm. I dont know if it is intended or not, but over the Internet, that is just something i picked up.

Perhaps this does not have to be a final goodbye between EVIL and Bill-e. I urge you to apologize to Master, as he was the person who banned you, either on here, or if you feel more appropriately in private message. I never saw you as an extremely rude player, and so hopefully you will just suck up a little bit of pride and apologize anyway.

Whichever path you do choose: It was great playing with you throughout the years.

.dub

He will be back in a few weeks, there are no other servers to play on.

ps. xhoen and spamdaddy, you guys are welcome to my backyard again, Mommy said it was cool as long as you clean up and no more orgys in the tent.