News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Racism and Insults

Started by Osmosis, January 31, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osmosis

Been palying on spillway for a few weeks now (New comp tomorrow hehe)

Certain players keep insulting people playing the game.
This can often be gay/fag etc or racist remarks.
The question is this OK on the Evil servers or not (see attached file) its a small excert from a condump tonight I did about No Peace when he was killed he lost the flag and another player picked it up. (well it is TEAM fortress classic)

[attachment deleted by admin]

-samurai-

Saleen219

I ban em.

Depending on my mood, might be a perm ban or an hours ban. Hell sometimes I just do a kick and tell em that, that particular word is NOT tolerated on the server. If they use it again I ban.

I only checked out half that file, I would have banned him from the start as apparently racist sexist remarks from him are second nature and a kick/short term ban wouldnt last long.

Master

Quote from: hydrolize on October 08, 2009, 10:41:40 PM
----General Rules----
No Excessive Language [Sexist, racist, cultural, or derogatory remarks]

GODFATHER_SOUR

I would have warned him to be nice, then kicked him or a timed ban.  I can't stand that shit.
Being an admin is similar to being a babysitter, but without having to change the diapers!

Osmosis

Last week player Asuka reported him to an admin who specced him saw what he was saying and banned for 19 hours.

He went on last night to personally insult abuse players including me but alas no admins on.

Eva was getting the full blast of his remarks last night but said it was a waste of time reporting him as he has been banned many times.

Os

Swede

In your text u could see that there was 2 admins on Dustbowl. Me and another admin. Someone checked by entering /admin in chat.
Next time call for an admin in globalchatt or by globaladmin message.
Like Master showed, there are rules for this.
Thx for letting us who didnĀ“t know about this player. We will keep an eye on this player when we see him on the servers.  ;)

Master

Quote from: Osmosis on February 01, 2013, 02:26:10 AM
Last week player Asuka reported him to an admin who specced him saw what he was saying and banned for 19 hours.

He went on last night to personally insult abuse players including me but alas no admins on.

Eva was getting the full blast of his remarks last night but said it was a waste of time reporting him as he has been banned many times.

Os
By the sounds of it he just needs to be gagged on all servers, he has a problem using proper language, so revoke his right to speak, as long as he doesn't disturb the gameplay then, I don't see why further action should be needed.

Admins click here