News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Spawncamping

Started by Paz, May 29, 2015, 01:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paz

Scorpion whose steamid is (STEAM_0:1:3929906)

I have played with scorpion before, and he was never like this.  However he was camping our spawn exit on casbah.  Now normally I wouldn't complain if it was just a time or two, however he became permanently posted up outside our spawn and ignored warnings.  I managed to capture a small demo of him engaging us at our spawn exit.  Also at times, he had an sg covering the spawn exit and a multi gun covering the spawn exit as well.  He would attack us inside the respawn exit and he also spammed emps and nades towards our spawn exit even after a warning from me to not violate rules.  Carl Degrasse Nye was a witness to this incident as well.  I have attached a video and some screen shots. 
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

Master

This map always has this problem.. on both sides too. I know of some members AND admins who have either involved themselves with this or seen it happen and do nothing, but hopefully now that you have 'reported' it it will start to be handled more seriously.

What ever happened to fun for all?

Paz

Well I agree with you on that!! But if it was once or twice, no problem but posting up??.   its like someone building an SG and MG outside your main spawn exit on 2fort.  And then spamming nades and emps at the exit. 

Also keep in mind that on this map, there is only ONE respawn and respawn exit.  Which makes it difficult.   

Gimpy

I am one of the admins who gets pissed off on this map... never really run into people building here, but lots of spawn camping problems. Normally, i leave it be unless they enter the tunnels and kill in the spawn area.

p0izon

Should that really be considered spawn camping? You spawn a considerable distance from that area. You have more than enough time to gather outside your spawn point to take down those MGs. One soldier with heli, one scout with ring of shadows, one spy with airstrike has more than enough time and room to get rid of those buildables. I can't see the comparison to 2fort respawn camping at all.

How is this any different than maps like cornfield, avanti, dustbowl that have areas with one choke point? Should we consider people building outside these areas as spawn campers as well?

schuffler

I don't allow any inside the tunnel but in front in yard is free game. You have a long way to go before you run into them and not all that hard to get around. To me any person from the other team is not allowed into the tunnel for any reason. 

I don't think the soli should use heli from there tho. There is know way you can kill him that's kinda like fighting from respawn.

bIGPIng

To many interpretations...to many inconsistancys......everyone including council breaks rules by these methods  :wideeyed:

Paz

the difference is this is a CTF map, where as dustbowl, cornfield, and avanti are CP maps.  Where the gates are closed and they give D time to set up.  I understand that this may be a gray area, but it would be best if we all came to an agreement.  I'll be fine with either one.  Thanks!  ;D

Gimpy

The rule is against spawn camping... i understand that its one long choke point, bit that choke point is outside the spawn :/
again, i only punish for going up inside either of the tunnel areas... because that is entering spawn.

Master

There is no alternative route or spawn points, this one choke point can (and has) prevented teams from being able to defend their flag, which is the primary duty in this style of map.

I would say that this map in particular is more trouble than it is worth.

Master

Quote from: Rand on May 29, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
Maybe a good topic for a Clan Meeting® !   

:yay!:
Coming Soon™

p0izon

Quote from: Paz on May 29, 2015, 03:58:46 PM
the difference is this is a CTF map, where as dustbowl, cornfield, and avanti are CP maps.  Where the gates are closed and they give D time to set up.  I understand that this may be a gray area, but it would be best if we all came to an agreement.  I'll be fine with either one.  Thanks!  ;D

The team has more than enough time to make it out alive and defend their area. You could make a case that it's not fair in those other maps since players are locked behind those gates. I don't see how the style of play makes it any different. A choke point is a choke point regardless. If teams are being pushed back inside respawn, then the issue is deeper than the alleged respawn camping.

Master

Quote from: p0izon on May 29, 2015, 09:03:57 PM

The team has more than enough time to make it out alive and defend their area. You could make a case that it's not fair in those other maps since players are locked behind those gates. I don't see how the style of play makes it any different. A choke point is a choke point regardless. If teams are being pushed back inside respawn, then the issue is deeper than the alleged respawn camping.
Yeah, sounds like the underlying issue ties back into the unbalanced teams :^) but we should take these things one step at a time, I have a really good idea for a team balancer, however it is still quite a ways off from making its way to reality. so for the time being I want to say the problem is the map ;)

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Casbah does have a huge tunnel from the point A - of respawn to point B exiting the field.  :-X

Swede

^