News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Serverwide Issue

Started by God, July 12, 2012, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

Seem to be quite a few errors on Low Grav atm.

1) Only one bot at a time, no matter the total number of players, seems able to join. The rest join and immediately disconnect as if they are banned.

2) Bans seem to be messed up. I banned someone, and they try to connect 2 or 3 times and on the last are able to connect. I restarted the server thinking that might fix the issue with the bots and upon trying to reconnect, I was given the "You are banned from this server. Check your console." message. Tried connecting again and voila! No problems.

Not sure what the issue is.

The bot problem began around 12:30 PM CST if that helps. Almost immediately after I put in the command:
amx_banip Armyman 0 "Ban Evasion #3."

Not sure if he did something or if it's a coincidence.

-God

*Update* 1:18pm CST
This ban issue seems to be affecting quite a few servers.
Saleen is reporting issues.

p0izon has reported issues.

I just experienced the same on Spillway and received the following message:
"Sorry, no-steam p48 clients are allowed on this server."

*Update* 1:25pm CST
p0izon removed a ban that banned the local IP host. Seems to have fixed the bot issue. Any word on admin being banned from servers?
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

Saleen219

Im apparently banned from lowgravity and sniper servers. dunno if its related to the above but there ya go.

p0izon

The ban issue should be resolved.. One of the bans on that Armyman guy was to the localhost IP (127.0.0.1). I can only assume that was what was causing the global ban on some servers for people.

God

Awesome, thanks for the quick solution

For future reference, how do you remove a ban?

-God
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

p0izon

amx_unban "IP or Steam ID"

If that doesn't work it would need to be removed manually from the database, which can only be done by a few of us.

Saleen219

thinks p0ison should be named god, and god should be renamed 'i fucked up the servers' :P

God

Really? Because the same command worked the first time to ban him...

-I fucked up the server God

Saleen219

just giving ya  hard time :P

Thanks p0ison for fixing things. seemed odd that i would be banned from our own servers...

Master

Quote from: p0izon on July 12, 2012, 01:27:55 PM
The ban issue should be resolved.. One of the bans on that Armyman guy was to the localhost IP (127.0.0.1). I can only assume that was what was causing the global ban on some servers for people.

this is true and is known to be a problem when banning players with VALVE steamids, the only instructions I can give to prevent this is to check the ip after a ban and if its the above, amx_unban "127.0.0.1" and then when the user comes back, (use amx_who to check ID/IP) you may use the commands in this post if they continue to act up (I open the forums in the overlay if I see them still trying to reconnect)

aFF

Quote from: Master on July 12, 2012, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: p0izon on July 12, 2012, 01:27:55 PM

this is true and is known to be a problem when banning players with VALVE steamids, the only instructions I can give to prevent this is to check the ip after a ban and if its the above, amx_unban "127.0.0.1" and then when the user comes back, (use amx_who to check ID/IP) you may use the commands in this post if they continue to act up (I open the forums in the overlay if I see them still trying to reconnect)

Can all admins review the comments above? We need to make sure we don't accidently bannip "127.0.0.1". That happened today and I just want everyone to be aware of the ip they're going to ban before they use the command.