News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Weird Valve ID?

Started by MuadDib, July 19, 2016, 07:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuadDib

I am having a very strange issue on EVIL's servers, When I join and type "status" it shows a Valve ID "1718 VALVE_0:4:1027524728", when in fact I am using a Steam ID "STEAM_0:0:139339687". This issue only occurs on EVIL servers, nowhere else. I am perplexed, I have signed out of my steam account then signed back in with my steam account, but that had no effect.

Dippy's, Royston Vasey, and a few others all show the correct ID. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or can an admin reset the ID to the correct one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gimpy

Muad,

I'd love to help you... but this is an issue that plagues all of us. The only real issue it causes you, is that your stats won't be logged.

This happened to me the other week. It stops my admin commands from working... i shut down Steam, turned off my computer, and started it up again in the morning. It was fixed.

I believe Master knows / understands the specifics of this, but I dont believe there is any fox other than waiting for it to sort itself out.

MuadDib

Thanks for the info Gimpy! The issue has been resolved. My concern was that I would be kicked for having a Valve ID. Master mentioned to me that it raises his suspicion that it might be someone who could be hacking, or evading a ban. Anyway, all is well now. 

*Off topic - but I was wondering if there is any other method of donating besides paypay?

Gimpy

You wouldn't really be kicked for being a Valvie... Maybe specced and investigated.

Your IP would still be the same, so anyone who wanted to dig 15 seconds further would be able to tell it's you anyways!