News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Auto Ban Issue?

Started by SpamDaddy!, February 20, 2017, 06:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

I was stuck in the doorway on 2fort (couldn't move in any direction) and the door was shutting on me killing me. I was typing to Butterbean that I was stuck. Before I could type the sentence I was banned:

Ban Information
Name: SpamDaddy! -tF-
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:9987831
Reason: You have been warned! Don't be a respawn whore!
Ban Length: 30 minutes
Unban Time: 19:08:32 2/20/2017
Admin Name: SYSTEM
Admin SteamID: 
tony_tone63 has joined the game
Kicked :"You are banned from this server. Check your console"

No biggy just a heads up in case it's a new issue. Thanks for all your work lately master.

froob

I believe this is because there is a script in place that counts how many times you enter the respawn, if you enter it 3 times in 15 seconds you get a written warning. If the whoring persists you are auto banned for 30 minutes..

I think the reason you got auto banned was because you were stuck, there obviously was an error with how its used, its pretty primitive but it works and helps prevent respawn milk drinkers from taking an unfair advantage.

If this continues, please let us know.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Venomous Fangs

What about engineers? Quite legitimate for engies to repeatedly reenter spawn to load up on metal/ammo to build stuff?

Gimpy

This only affects the main respawn on 2fort. I don't think any other map is affected by this plugin, and I have no idea why it banned you SpamDaddy.

I'd suggest if it happens again, and you get the warning (and have time), use the kill command!

Butterbean

Don't tell Spammy but I really banned him cause he was beating me and blamed it on the autoban system!!!

Oh wait... he cant see this can he??

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

froob

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on February 21, 2017, 04:38:01 AM
What about engineers? Quite legitimate for engies to repeatedly reenter spawn to load up on metal/ammo to build stuff?

I've tested this, and if im correct, it does not affect engies in any way

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."