News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Why was I kicked off the Dustbowl server ?

Started by Big Breadwinner Hog, October 06, 2012, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Breadwinner Hog

My original post seems to have disappeared...

Can someone explain why I was kicked off the Dustbowl server today? Since when is collecting nades from the nade post and throwing them at the enemy entrance a kickable offence? That's all I was doing when an admin thought it was a good idea to kick me off the server.

Saleen219

were you standing there collecting all the nades in such a way you were blocking the way for others on your team to get any?

Id kick ya for that.

With that being said - it wasnt me

Big Breadwinner Hog

I don't know how to "block" others getting nades. There is always a group of players jockeying for position at the nade post. Some stand in front of the post, others at the back, others at the side - it is pure luck who gets the nades when players are gathered around the post. But after I collected the nades I ran towards the enemy entrance and threw them at the entrance before running back for more.

I cannot control who gets the nades at the nade post when everyone is gathered around. It is pure luck. It seems some admin just didn't like the fact that other players gathered round the post were lucky in getting the nades.

This has all the hallmarks of aFF...

aFF

I watched you for 2 or 3 rounds in a row play sniper wasting the class and hog the nade bag keeping your team from getting nades round after round. Even without nades on cap 3 you weren't even playing the class just wasting it and getting in the way of your teammates. You weren't even trying to play just wasting space doing it dileberately. You were slayed multiple times yet continued to do it. You were kicked and came back to do it again. So I banned you for a week so maybe it'll sink in. If you continue to be such a nussiance player, other actions will be taken.

Big Breadwinner Hog

Yes, I thought it was aFF somehow. Some facts for you...

1) I was playing Spy when you banned me for a week, not Sniper.
2) How can I hog the nade bag when it is pure luck who gets the nades when everyone who wants them is waiting there?
3) If I want to go to to the nade post as either Spy or Sniper then why shouldn't I? Nades are there for all players.
4) The only real nuissance I was causing was to the opposition. It was taking 3 or 4 of their team to chase after me back towards their base trying to kill me.
5) In almost all the games I had a higher score than other players. Given that you say I wasn't "even trying to play" are you going to ban the players who scored less than me during those games?

You've given a very nicely worded response. But what you're really saying is that I was banned for a week because:

a) I didn't play as well as you thought I should (even though my scores were higher than many other players); and
b) I was lucky enough to receive some nades instead of other players around the nade post.

It's a wonder that there are any players left on the server if that's your reasoning for handing out kicks / bans. Below is the Top 10 players list shown on your homepage. Perhaps everyone below 10 should be banned for not trying hard enough?

Top 10 Players
Rank Player Kills Deaths Points
1 aFF 58209 18612 137952
2 Swede 39602 13582 82449
3 <[On TFC]> Agent007 22858 4607 73595
4 -[EVIL]- p0izon 26019 9706 67251
5 Fire 20916 6888 58736
6 TinMan 50612 28875 52295
7 xheon 33012 16117 49517
8 Vibe 19122 6607 48596
9 Marcellus Wallace 11983 5037 41634
10 Big Breadwinner Hog 15135 7032 40786

aFF

You need to get your facts straight...

you were only playing spy at the point in time which I banned you because I kicked you and someone else chose sniper before you returned.

it is not pure luck, there is a trick to getting nades probably 80% of the time or more if you know what you're doing

the reason you had the high score is because people quit playing on your team when you continously did your lil annoyance routine at the start of the gates to ruin your team's fate

you were being no nussiance to the oppossition as I watched most run past you as you chased them with your measly crowbar while the blue team capped rather expiditiously which caused you to be the top person with frags on your team from your lil meager spam routine at the start of gates

the reason for your slay/kick/ban has nothing to do with any expectation of how "well" one should play or even how "well" you should play. it was simply because you were being a nussiance/asshole/etc with your tactics. you were dileberately undermining your own team round after round without showing any true ability that you were "trying" to play the game based upon your class of choice. notice that I did not kick/ban/slay you at the first offense, instead I sat in spec and watched you for 2 or 3 rounds before I acted.

of course you're going to play the victim. you always do. you're no different than any other hacker in the concept that "you didn't do anything wrong" so why should you be punished.

and that Sir is the end of your pity party