News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Fix TFC after 25 Anniversary Update

Started by Bishop, November 18, 2023, 01:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop

Sounds for concs/nades/guns aren't aligned properly after the update which is game breaking. Fortunately, there is an easy fix by adding this command to the console or autoexec.cfg:

_snd_mixahead 0

The fonts on the TFC Title screen are also ridiculously oversized. It would seem you could scale these fonts in \tfc\resource\gameMenu.res but unfortunately not.  Hopefully the will fix this soon.

pizzahut

Pasting some fixes, settings and work-arounds by Paft.
Though I think he meant Half-Life with the beta.
Quote from: Paftso there's 2 choices:
Right click 'Team Fotress Classic' in steam: betas>beta participation and change that to steampipe or steam legacy

2nd option:

Launch issues with maxWidth >= width    ListPanel.cpp error are probably .res/resource folder related:
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\tfc\resource
Rename TrackerScheme.res or resource folder or add the mentioned lines:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/3412

Sound delay seems to be corrected with:
_snd_mixahead "0" // Default "0.1" -- 25th Anni audio delay issue "fix"(?)
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/3460

Other commands:
sv_rollangle "0" // Default 2.0 (Strafe tilt)
These are ofc new menu options--but here's the cvars.
gl_lowlatency "1" // On paper you'd want this on. Needs testing to see if that's actually the case
gl_widescreen_yfov "1" //  New widescreen FOV option

Guts

Guts

Relating to _snd_mixahead

I believe this issue was resolved by valve. I logged in today with some sound issues and reverted these settings back to default (_snd_mixahead 0.1) and the timing is normal for concs/nades.

Guts

Anyway to change what seems to be server side sv_rollangle? This 2.0 shit makes it seems like im on a rollercoaster when I bhop. Ive tried most other servers and they are all set to 0

pizzahut

Quote from: Guts on December 01, 2023, 10:35:09 AMIve tried most other servers and they are all set to 0
Or they just didn't update? The old HLDS (2020) doesn't have this cvar.

Guts

Quote from: pizzahut on December 02, 2023, 09:48:06 AM
Quote from: Guts on December 01, 2023, 10:35:09 AMIve tried most other servers and they are all set to 0

I believe Drippy made a post on his forums that he updated the server. There were also other posts containing other new cvars that were causing people issues on the server, and how to fix them.

But other servers idk.

Wouldn't it also be an "issue" if I'm changing my sv_rollangle to 0 and its not reflecting the change on Evil?

Master

Quote from: Guts on December 02, 2023, 08:51:45 PM

I believe Drippy made a post on his forums that he updated the server. There were also other posts containing other new cvars that were causing people issues on the server, and how to fix them.

But other servers idk.

Wouldn't it also be an "issue" if I'm changing my sv_rollangle to 0 and its not reflecting the change on Evil?
I have added sv_rollangle to the server config, it should be disabled from now on

Bishop

Quote from: Guts on December 02, 2023, 08:51:45 PMWouldn't it also be an "issue" if I'm changing my sv_rollangle to 0 and its not reflecting the change on Evil?

CVARS that start with sv_ are controlled by the server, so assigning those in your configs are only effective when you create a server.

Guts

Quote from: Master on December 02, 2023, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: Guts on December 02, 2023, 08:51:45 PM

But other servers idk.

I have added sv_rollangle to the server config, it should be disabled from now on

TY

Quote from: Bishop on December 02, 2023, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Guts on December 02, 2023, 08:51:45 PMWouldn't it also be an "issue" if I'm changing my sv_rollangle to 0 and its not reflecting the change on Evil?

CVARS that start with sv_ are controlled by the server, so assigning those in your configs are only effective when you create a server.

Thats what I kinda figured but I wasnt sure. Danke

pizzahut

Quote from: Guts on December 02, 2023, 08:51:45 PMI believe Drippy made a post on his forums that he updated the server. There were also other posts containing other new cvars that were causing people issues on the server, and how to fix them.
Atm he's running the version from 2020, maybe he rolled back. :shrugs:
Connecting to 172.93.101.194:27015 ...
Connection accepted by 172.93.101.194:27015

BUILD 8684 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 502

Welcome to Drippy-'s 2fort.  Website: http://www.LunaticRage.com/drippy