News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Recent map changes

Started by Ballsack, June 17, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballsack

I would like to start a discussion on a couple recent changes on Battlezone.  I have noticed that Bounce has been removed.  I understand the argument that it is available on the deathmatch server, however, that server rarely has many people on it.  If I log on to your clan's homepage, the game tracker on the left hand side of the page indicates that the server is pretty much always empty.  It seems like Bounce was a pretty popular map, as it seemed to get quite a few votes.  I would like to suggest adding it back to the rotation on Battlezone.  Unfortuantely, the TFC world is not what it used to be, and I would love it if the DM server was frequently populated, but that's not the world we live in right now.  I'd like to hear other player's thoughts on this.  I noticed a  similar thread about Dustbowl.  Just one player's opinion.

SpamDaddy!

Master and senior EVIL staff have provided the various servers to ensure a dedicated method of gameplay for the various interests. Skills, Fun'Adventure, DM, and CTF Maps. The Dustbowl server had 12 people on this morning. I am guessing it is because you can't play dustbowl on BZ. I would also reccomend removing it from Low Grav. If you include all map genres in one server you will lose people that dont want to play certain maps when they are voted in.

Doing this insures that each map genre is available to any player. If you want to play DM maps start recruiting people who want to play that style!

Ballsack

What would be the best way to recruit people?
Message all the servers?
I personally don't think there are enough TFC players left to populate the other servers.  My opinion.

p0izon

SpamDaddy!

Saleen219

Sadly, i dont usually see anyone on the DM server. I think its cool but boring as hell when you are on your own.

the DB used to be our busiest server then things changed for what ever reason. it hasnt recovered.

*never* undrestood seeing the db map on BZ. I personally dont like bounce too well, the more people, the less i like that map. If there were less people on it Id stick around and play.

At least one player, no matter what time of day, the SECOND he connects, the first thing he does is nominate bounce then rtv. anyawy. i digress.

big word eh?

Spammy put up a vote. lets give it til say, end of the month - see what the results are. go from there.

(i dont care what anyone says spammy, i think you are doing a great job even if you dont have any street cred like i apparently have)

Ballsack

Good discussion, I like to hear other people's opinions.
I could be the guy who nominates Bounce the second he connects.  I do nominate it quite often.  I never played that map back in college when I played a lot (I quit TFC for about 10 years, as I didn't have reliable internet out here in the country). 
I notice that when some of the less popular maps do win a vote, the server tends to lose quite a few players quickly. 
I personally don't enjoy playing on maps with just a few people.  Bounce can get crazy with too many people, but in my opinion, I like a server to have at least 6 players, and if more join from that point, that might just make the game more interesting.
If dustbowl was to be added back to BZ, would it be possible to disable bhop for just that map?  I know nothing about that side of running a server, so maybe I'm an idiot for asking.
I love the idea of putting it to a vote, but I'm just one player.  I appreciate the work that you all do keeping one of the last TFC servers up and running.  Thank you.

Master

Quote from: Elitesse on June 26, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
What about removing the Dustbowl server and putting the map back to Battlezone? Very few players connect to the Dustbowl server (it's mostly populated by bots now). I have tried nominating it in Fun/Adventure but nobody votes it.
I have nothing to contribute with this matter, however I would like to point out that around 80% of TFC servers are 'mostly populated by bots' and this is part of the reason new players refuse to try the game, they hear stories about how most of the servers are filled with bots, and its really hard to say its not true when theres about 5 bot servers for every server with humans. moral of the story: bots are a contributing factor to the eventual death of TFC

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Master on June 27, 2014, 11:37:23 PM
Quote from: Elitesse on June 26, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
What about removing the Dustbowl server and putting the map back to Battlezone? Very few players connect to the Dustbowl server (it's mostly populated by bots now). I have tried nominating it in Fun/Adventure but nobody votes it.
I have nothing to contribute with this matter, however I would like to point out that around 80% of TFC servers are 'mostly populated by bots' and this is part of the reason new players refuse to try the game, they hear stories about how most of the servers are filled with bots, and its really hard to say its not true when theres about 5 bot servers for every server with humans. moral of the story: bots are a contributing factor to the eventual death of TFC
I never really thought if it that way, M. That's  areally sad/good point.   ???