News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Player stats = stacked teams?

Started by jdankens, December 05, 2016, 05:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdankens

Something I've noticed playing off and on here,

It seems often that some players who are ranked like top 50-100 or w/e tend to join/stack the same team.   The reasoning, I'm guessing, is if you play against someone your skill level, your stats wont be as good.   Its kinda obvious at the beginning of a match when there at 10 red and 5 blue or w/e.

It just makes for boring matches, am I wrong?   Is this just chance? 

sanitariums

in my eyes its highly skilled player count on one team, and it's been like this for quite some time now

i'm not shy to say ill always be average at best at any game but I still enjoy playing.
it's still highly frustrating to see elite players try to avoid playing other elite players,

and you could argue "stop crying get better" but even if a select few players were to climb the ranks and make teams even again it still wouldn't be enough to keep 10 elites vs all average from happening

some people hide behind these elite players such as snooty troll remarks to bait you into talking shit back, specifically just to call in a cheat like player, not saying cheating is going on just saying some players are on a level of a hacker if not better.

Gimpy

Is auto auto-assign too much to ask for??

Nuggs

Quote from: jdankens on December 05, 2016, 05:36:00 PM
Something I've noticed playing off and on here,

It seems often that some players who are ranked like top 50-100 or w/e tend to join/stack the same team.   The reasoning, I'm guessing, is if you play against someone your skill level, your stats wont be as good.   Its kinda obvious at the beginning of a match when there at 10 red and 5 blue or w/e.

It just makes for boring matches, am I wrong?   Is this just chance?

yea you just sound like a little bitch

There are some players (*cough* SCORPION *cough*) who who only join the winning teams, yes, but I don't see your so called "elite" players stacking teams. The obvious team stackers are the mediocre players, which I can understand not wanting to get owned over and over.

FWIW I press auto assign always and the majority of regulars do as well. I could give a shit less about server rankings and I don't think many others give it as much thought as you, except maybe bigping or screamie.

Master

Bishop

jdankens

Quote from: Gimpy on December 06, 2016, 04:29:38 PM
Is auto auto-assign too much to ask for??
This is the easiest solution.

Quote from: Nuggs on December 06, 2016, 05:05:34 PM
Triggered
Yes, most of the real vets don't care about rank and will play good regardless of the team.  It's a lot of the average players that piggyback off good players.  Like snipers and soldiers who exclusively play D near their spawns.

xheon

Nuggs is always steam stacking....and also hacking.
Ban him for exactly 187 days, ty

Im in for forced auto-assign (RIP Scorpion)  :rip:

p.s. Holy S**t Master, 414 fps!?  :wideeyed2:

Master

Quote from: xheon on December 07, 2016, 04:07:41 PM
Nuggs is always steam stacking....and also hacking.
Ban him for exactly 187 days, ty

Im in for forced auto-assign (RIP Scorpion)  :rip:

p.s. Holy S**t Master, 414 fps!?  :wideeyed2:
yeah, it dipped so low because I had to take 2 screenshots in a row to get it with the scoreboard, usually stays right at 550 on phantom

Venomous Fangs

I am not so sure auto assign is such a good idea.

If we are randomly forced to be on a side, by the laws of random selection sooner or later better players will be all on one side, only none of us will be able to change over to level it out.

Might be at times creating the mismatch forced selection was supposed to stop.

schuffler

Can't remember the server that used this or a team balance moved the last in first to move set up and I think it put the incoming player on the losing team.

sanitariums

I don't even play pvp servers any more...highly rare that I do..I really enjoy fun server / escape maps, because it reminds me so much of half life

I was just agreeing with OP cause I remember it being stacked since tfc started to decline ultra years ago

I think a server used to have some sort of setting based on player rank or a point system or something?

either way the best solution is just to say F' it and enjoy playing while you still can, some people are born with a respectable poker game others have to learn it.

Cirno

SpamDaddy!

This is a most interesting topic. You can wait till a map changes and watch the teams populate. Most people that play regularly wont even join a team until the "elite player" selects his team. Ive seen this happen time and again. I have also watched the teams populate and watched various admins who shall remain nameless join the "power team" there will be 5 on blue and 2 on red.

Forced joining and balance works great on D2F no reason it won't work here.

That's the best and only solution. I don't stack until I get disgusted for being owned too much....takes awhile usually
lol_face

Cirno

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on February 09, 2017, 05:18:18 PMI don't stack until I get owned too much

"i dont stack until i stack"

server says it better than anyone ever will:
[SKYNET] Teams are fine you whiny bitch.