News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Battlezone crashing on map change

Started by Nuggs, January 30, 2016, 08:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

Just FYI BZ has been crashing on just about every map change. I noticed that it started crashing yesterday, around the same time the !global chat was fixed. No idea if the two are related but maybe its something to look into. A man can only take so much 2fort WutFace

Master

I watched the server and saw no crashing, it did crash before I woke up, but it currently seems to be running fine.

Nuggs

It's crashed a few times today after a week without issues. Most recently as 4 mins ago. Here is what the public has to say:

Nuggs

attachment 2fort0001.bmp

Master

I need more information about when it's crashing.. does it occur DURING map change.. or about one minute into the new map?

Nuggs

It's happening on the map change. At the end of a map, after voting is complete,  BZ will attempt to load the next map, except the server times out. Next you have to type retry in console in order to get 2fort without bhop/trimp DOOMGuy

I experienced this a few times today, after the server being stone-cold solid for a week or so.

Master

Quote from: Nuggs on January 31, 2016, 01:16:33 AM
It's happening on the map change. At the end of a map, after voting is complete,  BZ will attempt to load the next map, except the server times out. Next you have to type retry in console in order to get 2fort without bhop/trimp DOOMGuy

I experienced this a few times today, after the server being stone-cold solid for a week or so.
Hmm... I will look into this, it should not be crashing like this.

Nuggs

Hey Rand I noticed that the voting results were missing too. After voting is complete it doesnt show the results in the [DMM] on the left hand side. A text message does pop up in the middle of the screen with the winning result however it cycles quickly and is pretty easy to miss. Someone else on the server pointed that out to me as I was missing it too

Master

Quote from: Nuggs on January 31, 2016, 11:29:59 AM
Hey Rand I noticed that the voting results were missing too. After voting is complete it doesnt show the results in the [DMM] on the left hand side. A text message does pop up in the middle of the screen with the winning result however it cycles quickly and is pretty easy to miss. Someone else on the server pointed that out to me as I was missing it too
I noticed that as well and have been looking into that as well.

sanitariums

it's been happening on the fun adventure server too

Master

Quote from: sanitariums on January 31, 2016, 02:26:20 PM
it's been happening on the fun adventure server too
Well, it's from cross server chat then, I just don't know why it's crashing on map change.

Master

I have just pushed an update to all servers, this *might* fix it, but knowing my luck it'll make things worse

sanitariums

cool dude we all appreciate it, ill let you know if the fun server appears to be fixed

sanitariums

not sure about bz but fun adventure still acting up

Master

I am quite sure the crashing has subsided to the default level of crashing expected from the servers. Kappa