News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

I guess...

Started by Paz, June 12, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paz

There is nothing to complain about!!!  cage
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

p0izon

Well I'll do some complaining for you...

For the last two days I've been trying to do some yard work. Bought a brand new lawn mower (Since I didn't have one before) followed the "Preparing your lawn mower" directions to the letter. Damn thing wouldn't start. Returned that, borrowed a lawn mower from a friend. Worked for one start, wouldn't start again.. So I checked the gas & oil. Oil was empty, so in order to not fuck up anything I Google searched the exact model number and serial number for an owners manual so I could get the correct oil for the bastard. Drive all the way across town to pick this stuff up, get back home fill the oil to the FULL line, let it sit for about 15 minutes... Came back after a few pulls it started. EUREKA! Was able to cut the grass in my front yard. Turn it off, drag it to my back yard. Go inside for a glass of water and a clean towel to dry off.. Come back out and the thing won't start again.

Whoever said Mexicans were excellent landscapers fucking lied.

p0izon

Venomous Fangs

Hey Poison

I don't know if this is a cause, but a short story.

I have Kikuyu grass as lawn, very tough, fast growing and invasive. Needless to say as mowing lawns is not high on my things to do list, it usually gets knee high before action is deemed required. Which is about every 2 weeks in Summer, after which it becomes mandatory as the local Tiger snakes move in, and they rate in the top 10 most venomous snakes in the world. (the untreated mortality rate from its bites is reported to be between 40 and 60%)

Anyhow in order to keep this green beast under control I got a brand new 750cc 4 stroke lawn mower as the lesser 250cc old one I had just kept stalling due to load on it. Only problem was after a few uses the damn thing wouldn't start.

Took it back to the mower shop and under warranty they serviced it and got it going. Another couple of uses, same thing, back to the mower shop. This time they took a major look at it, turns out the fuel was dodgy. Apparently my local petrol station  was cutting the fuel with ethanol, thus the mower couldn't handle it. Advice was a larger engine such as in cars can handle the reduced octane/energy loss but a smaller mower engine can't.

Might not the cause, but check your fuel if you haven't already.

p0izon

No lawn wasn't oily. I gave up for the day. I'll have to give it another go tomorrow maybe. If not, I may just lose my shit and set my grass on fire.

Venomous Fangs

Correction 450cc push mower (the second biggest push mower the store was offering), must have hit the 7 key on keypad above the 4, just woke up when I made the post, and caffeine clearly hadn't taken effect.

I doubt oil level alone would stop Poisons mower from starting, they are pretty basic engines and have broad tolerances. You know when they are overfilled as the mower becomes a smokescreen maker as the oil spills into the cylinders.

Another possibility is spark leads are faulty, or the plugs themselves.

p0izon

Def check the sparks tomorrow.

Saleen219

2 big reasons i can see why it wont work, no gas, no spark.

SpamDaddy!

I can't seem to get mine mowed because Im too damned lazy to mow while its 95 outside and by the time it cools down (6:30 pmish it has started raining the last 4 days) Hollywood called and asked if they could film the next Jurassic park in my backyard it's so bad!

Venom that sounds like some pain in the ass grass..can you kil it all and reseed with something more pliable? or tto much yard for that? Sod could be an option too.

P0..buy a goat..eat the grass shit the grass fertilize the grass grow the grass eat the grass sh.... you see where I am headed =P

Venomous Fangs

It has its benefits, like been tough enough to survive our droughts and I don't have to feed/water it all the time, it just looks after its self. A bit too well sometimes   :laugh:

p0izon

I haven't been able to get back to it. Been busy building an ark with the way it's been raining the last few days.

SpamDaddy!

Wow, p0izon has been busy! He sent me this!

Paz

LOL damn p0izon!  Thats horrible!
You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

SpamDaddy!

Finally got my lawn mowed...front and back! Im gonna go shower and pass out now.  :yes: